cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751jt-DH72 Cpu/Gpu Temp Questions

yoblazes
Level 7
First of all let me say "yes I have searched in other threads for my answer" to any lurking mods. Granted I did find a few but none pertaining to my exact model number. So with that being said, let me start by asking what a normal temperature for the CPU/GPU should be under load for the DH72 with i7 4710hq and 970m? I used HWinfo64 to see how it was running while I played Witcher 3 for an hour and a half on the Nvidia Graphics Experience suggested settings. I had an average of 73C and a maximum of 81C for the CPU and an average of 60C and a maximum of 65C for the GPU.

Ive attached a picture

My question is, isnt that a little hot for the CPU?

Ive heard about underclocking the CPU, reapplying thermal paste, and modding the fans to run faster rpm's.
-which would be the better path for me?....im a bit lost
3 REPLIES 3

Edweird
Level 10
Those are 100% fine temps, in fact your GPU is running a lot cooler than I would expect it to. My 980M hits 85 on occasion in The Witcher and the CPU has nailed 90 a few times while it normally never goes above 78-80. 🙂
(Though tbh, one of the most discussed topics are temperatures so I'm surprised you haven't come across this information while digging around.)

I don't recommend changing the paste - it's not a completely simple thing and you can end up with an unserviceable brick.
I do recommend using Intel XTU to change the core voltage offset down as far as it can go, I'd start at -75mV, there is no risk except maybe getting a blue screen, which is your test measure. Also I think you should be able to use Notebook Fan Control, NitroX has provided a fan profile for the G751JY, which I can only assume works for the JT. I've seen a couple users using it successfully on the JT.

Boxis
Level 7
Your temps are perfectly fine. There is no need of any tweaks to reduce them even further in my opinion.

thanks guys, i feel a bit better now haha