cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751-JT overclocking cpu

Majks
Level 7
I was wondering if anyone has overclocked the CPU ? I play alot of CS:GO, it requires more CPU power than GPU.
I have the OC it to 3.4 on all 4 cores but I have no idea if it can go higher im new to this.

Would very much appreciate help.

Thank you, have a great day.
11 REPLIES 11

Boxis
Level 7
Hello. If your temperatures are fine then you can max the 1-4 core sliders + cache in Intel XTU.This means if you have i7-4710HQ you can set the slider to 37/36/35/35 for the max performance boost. This is not really overclocking but using the maximum processors power he was made to reach without unlocking it (I think this one cant be unlocked anyway). Of course always watch for your temps.

Edweird
Level 10
Dunno about that, on the JY model, ever since BIOS 202 or 203, you can't go to 37 on the single core multiplier, only 36.
Is it really not limited on the JT? That would be absurd, to have it locked down on the top end model. Obviously the newer 4720s can do 37.

And no, it can't be unlocked, not by any method we have access to, anyways.

Majks
Level 7
Alright, Ive already maxed it out. 3,6 on a single core and on all 4 cores it´s 3.4. Thats very sad to hear, ive googled for so long without any progress. Its limited on the JT very much. I dont care for graphics in game, ive already set it to low but I still need more fps. Oh well thank you very much.

Boxis
Level 7
Oh did not know its limited to 3,6Ghz. I was just guessing, because you can boost i7-4860HQ by 200Mhz, I thought you can i7-4710HQ as well. Well seems not.

Edweird
Level 10
I'm surprised CS:GO is giving you trouble...I don't think it has ever droppped under 60 for me on max settings.

Majks
Level 7
I play with 144hz monitor, I pretty much require 288 fps constant or somewhere around there. Anything below 180 fps doesnt feel smooth as is it with 250+ fps. I dont want my laptop to lag when I have 5 ppl rushing me where there is a really good excute with smokes and molotovs and you see 5 players on your screen it just sucks and your mouse movement isnt as smooth.

Edweird wrote:
Alright, if you consider 180fps lagging.

I play PlanetSide2 on decently high settings and that is probably one of the most CPU-intensive games to date, there being the possibility of roughly 200 players and assortments of flying and land vehicles within 100m of each other with explosions going on and literally thousands of bullets flying around in an exteremely detailed weapon dynamics environment - and the 4710 does just fine with that at around 35-50fps. Smaller fights easily get 75+fps.
The game was lovely with the screen on 75Hz and with G-SYNC.

Unfortunately, you won't get much more out of the 4710.

Now this is called common sense.

Majks wrote:
I play with 144hz monitor, I pretty much require 288 fps constant or somewhere around there. Anything below 180 fps doesnt feel smooth as is it with 250+ fps. I dont want my laptop to lag when I have 5 ppl rushing me where there is a really good excute with smokes and molotovs and you see 5 players on your screen it just sucks and your mouse movement isnt as smooth.

This is just called non-sense -_- ... I'm sorry but even with a 144Hz monitor, going past 144Hz means that the monitor doesn't have the ability to actually show you more than 144FramesPerSecond. I get it if you want to go on a pro level at CS:GO, but even the pro's know that, for the moment, more than 144FPS is just overkill.

You know what happens with those extra frames that exceed your 144Hz refresh rate ? They overlap on your current frames (and this can result in vertical tearing of the image) or they are dropped and in the end you only get 144FPS... Therefore it is quite impossible to say that going from 288 to 200FPS when your monitor doesn't support more than 144FPS is really affecting your in-game performance. If it goes under 144FPS then I do understand. But now tbh, why would you even bother buying a notebook like G751 if you are using it on an external monitor ? You could've got one amazing desktop unit with Gtx980Ti in that budget.

@Edweird
Playing CS GO is different, its hard to explain, but thank you.

@Nitrox
It very much matters especially in the Source Engine games. The defualt fps which is used by most pros is 300 fps. You will feel a different with the mouse lag, the smoothness of shooting, the movements. Its hard to explain but you have to see it by your own eyes to believe it. I have yet to experience any tearing. True when I play GTA V is another feeling fps there doesnt matter as it does in CS:GO. I get your point but it doesnt apply to the source engine.

Edweird
Level 10
Alright, if you consider 180fps lagging.

I play PlanetSide2 on decently high settings and that is probably one of the most CPU-intensive games to date, there being the possibility of roughly 200 players and assortments of flying and land vehicles within 100m of each other with explosions going on and literally thousands of bullets flying around in an exteremely detailed weapon dynamics environment - and the 4710 does just fine with that at around 35-50fps. Smaller fights easily get 75+fps.
The game was lovely with the screen on 75Hz and with G-SYNC.

Unfortunately, you won't get much more out of the 4710.