cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix 980 Ti - random clicky\scratchy fan noises when spinning.

sde444
Level 10
Hello. Its my second topic here but know i want to be sure about this. So listen.

Month ago i bought my graphic card Asus Strix 980 Ti. Also i have a little problem. When i launch a game and fans accelerates ( spins up ) i can hear randomly ( not always ) for a moment little audible clicking\scratchy noises from a fans. Then after minute noise is gone and all is ok.
The fans on card just make randomly clicking\scratching noises when starting spinning. Then noise is gone after 1 minute of gaming .Is this reason to RMA?

Here is the noise what i am talking about ( in link this noise is from Asus Gtx 970 strix , but the noise is the same on my card Asus Gtx 980 Strix)

watch( i am talking about noise from second 0:39 - 0:43 ) 0:39 - 0:43 second .

This noise i have ( NOT ALWAYS , JUST RANDOMLY ) when card starting spinning. Can somebody explain me why it happens randomly and not always? And of course its not normal ? Please help me and answer .
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
No not normal....should be silent....sounds like a bad fan...wobbling at certain rpm or some such....you can try to gently wiggle it on it's axis or just send it back

Retired
Not applicable
Try checking the cables behind the fan blades. Mine was catching on one of them. Seems like a common issue.

EasyLover
Level 8
If nothing is in contact with fans then better RMA it.
Live your life the way you want, not the way others want!

Kotronas
Level 9
Guys he is making such posts everywhere. He posts different videos if you see the video, he says it too, it is from a 970 strix.
Hint: Try to provide your own video.

Let get the other link from a other forum where a guy did gathered his posts on different forums

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2451757