cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Tactic Pro: ALTGR+2 and ALTGR+3 not working

rsousa
Level 7
Hi all,

I have a Portuguese version of this keyboard and I notice that ALTGR+2 and ALTGR+3 don't produce the "@" and "£".
The rest of characters in 2 key (2, ") and 3 key (3, #) are working fine.
So, I may suspect is a firmware bug.

If this is really a BUG how I can report this problem to ASUS?

Have: firmware 1.09 installed.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

PantZerman
Level 7
Hi. I had the same problem as you. I could not use AltGr + 2 (@) and similar in Windows.
It seems like the Asus GPU Tweak service "asgt(.exe)" is causing the problem, or at least the programs "keyboard hotkeys" related to it..

Here is a few things you can try:

#1: Open Asus GPU Tweak and try turning off the "keyboard shortcuts".
You may also have to remove the shortcuts (leave them empty), not only switch the function to "off".

My AltGr would still not work if I just switched the keyboard shortcut function "off"

#2: For me, the GPU Tweak software seems quite bugged in Windows 10 Pro (Norwegian), making me have to go to "regedit" when I want to change something (clock values etc) in the program.
start -> run -> regedit -> go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ASUS\GPUTweakII\Setting" -> delete all the hotkeys you find there (location may be different on your computer).

This worked the best for me.

#3: You can turn off the asgt service located in Windows services (start -> run -> type "msconfig" -> services -> then disable "asgt")
I am not sure how this effects Asus GPU Tweak in use.

Hope this helps.

I am using:
Asus GPU Tweak2 v1.1.1.1
Windows 10 Pro (Norwegian)
AMD FX6300
Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
Asus R9 290X DCU2 OC
etc.

Having a similar problem on my STRIX tactic pro. Everytime I press my spacebar i get either this phrase here 'or a fullscreen, or a normal space. Im starting to get annoyed.

Bahz
Level 12
Have you guys also had this issue on previous firmware versions?

I will have our keyboard team look into the issue.

I used the latest firmware for this, plus the windows 10 version update. Thanks in advance. I'll be following this closely.

I have tried uninstalling all newly installed software that might interfere with the keyboard software. Problem still persists. I have
found additional problems as well, the gaming mode FN f12 still brings up the windows button, and pressing spacebar while on this
mode force closes any open windows or even program (similar to windows 10 shortcut alt+spacebar) . When I activate NKRO and press the spacebar all windows that are open, go to full screen and brings up this script if I happen to be writing:

I'll be on the lookout for more rarities and keep you guys posted.