cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace g751jt mainboard for sound crackling problem

ghunter323
Level 7
I have a defective g751jt laptop. Sound is popping/crackling when playing sound. I cant rma it since i bought it from other country and will cost me more if i will ship it back so i decide to use my international warranty for a repair. I went to service center and they told me that the problem of my laptop is its mainboard. They ordered the mainboard from us to my country and it will arrive next week (free of charge).

My question is- will it be safe to replace the stock mainboard with another board? Is it too risky to replace it?
What maybe the pros and cons to consider? Any advice will be apreciated:)
16 REPLIES 16

toronto699 wrote:
maybe this will help
http://www.laptopultra.com/guide/asus-rog-g751-disassembly/

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?59354-G751JY-Disassembly-Pics

Not sure if this is the same for all (IP restrictions perhaps?), but you keep linking to laptopultra and it always returns a 404.

toronto699
Level 13
Works for me no 404 in the laptopultra link , just checked both links mine and the copy u have in your post they are fine in my browser IE 11
it is a copy from the laptopultra web page ,directly from its webpage in my IE 11 browser works fine for me
do a search for G751 disassembly
to replace the motherboard is a huge task to reassemble it properly its better to find an ASUS Service Center if one is in your city, cheaper if u have the MB or any PC Branded Service Center

toronto699 wrote:
Works for me no 404 in the laptopultra link , just checked both links mine and the copy u have in your post they are fine in my browser IE 11
it is a copy from the laptopultra web page ,directly from its webpage in my IE 11 browser works fine for me
do a search for G751 disassembly
to replace the motherboard is a huge task to reassemble it properly its better to find an ASUS Service Center if one is in your city, cheaper if u have the MB or any PC Branded Service Center

Weird, regardless of of browser I get the 404, even bounced my VPN to a US IP and still no love. Changes the connection to HTTPS, got a cert error though could get the page...

On a side note and as someone that does some web development please quit using IE 😛

EDIT:

On another side note that last shot of the brackets and optical drive on the screen is killing me.

toronto699
Level 13
I Love IE 11 don't have issue with IE 11 does all I want it to do. the links work just fine , I just tried links on Satellite , Ethernet , and Wifi connection links work fine for me on all , must be your browser , I do dislike W10 Edge, just called an Asus Service Center in LA USA $150 to replace MB 2 hour job they say

Edweird
Level 10
The more I read about these crackling problems, the more I think it's something interfering with the wires to the speakers.
At least the ones that have the issues with just the speakers, though.

Corporal
Level 9
My question is- will it be safe to replace the stock mainboard with another board? Is it too risky to replace it?
What maybe the pros and cons to consider? Any advice will be apreciated

If done properly, replacing the motherboard is not risky at all. If you expect the new motherboard to fix the sound issue however, you're in for a surprise.

the only problem with the service center so far is they lost 1 rubber that covers the screw the first time I gave them my laptop. aside from that, their customer service is excellent.

ghunter323
Level 7
toronto699 my problem is on the speaker itself. making popping sounds whenever i play music or videos that create sound.( popping sound came from subwoofer)

Corporal yes, I hope it will be fix after the mobo replacement. they tried replacing the subwoofer that creates the sound but popping sound still there.