cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG278Q wont turn on with rest of system.

lecycliste
Level 7
The last 2 weeks i have been experiencing a strange issue with my PG278Q monitor. After normal system shutdown, the monitor will stay turned off and unresponsive when i turn on my system. The only fix i have found so far, is unplugging and plugging the power from the socket. After 2-3 times it will blink and turn on with logo, and then work fine until system shutdown again.

At least i found a way of getting an image on my monitor, but its not what i expected of a product in this price range.

Should i RMA or is there a software related fix?

I already tried setting the power settings to "never" in the display setting.

Any help is Appreciated!

My system:

MB: Asus Rampage IV Formula rev 1.xx
CPU: Intel Core I7-3930k
GPU: Asus Gtx 780 ti DirectCU II OC
RAM: 4x 8GB Kingston DDR3-1600 / PC3-12800
BIOS: Version 4901
11 REPLIES 11

Spoonhandle
Level 7
Exact same problem I've been having for the last week. Thought I solved it by disabling global GSync and setting Gsync per game in 3D Profiles, but GSync won't work that way apparently and it crapped out again tonight. Not quite sure what the problem is... bad power supply? bad monitor? No idea; I'm getting close to submitting for an RMA. Nice to see we're paying so much to beta test this monitor for ASUS.

I'm having exact same issue as well.. Also for 2 weeks now.

Monitor won't turn on anymore after been in sleep mode in a while or after its shutdown for a while. Only way to turn it back on is remove the power cable from the socket so the ROG logo turns up. Can it be that the PSU is defective or the monitor itself?

Also this has nothing to do with my PC, if you have DisplayPort disconnected and you let it go from no signal to sleep mode, it will shutdown permanently within 10 minutes or so. Afterwards you won't be able to turn it on again and need to do power cable reset again 😞

Spoonhandle
Level 7
I wonder if this is a widespread issue, or we are just part of a bad batch.. how long have you had your monitors? Any idea what the mfg date of your monitors are? (Seems like I remember coming across that on the box or somewhere)

I have the same issue but it does not seem to be the monitor but maybe the adapter. I already had 2 RMA trips but they fail to send a new adapter and all the screens i get in return are having lots of issues.

In details check my post here:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?77790-3-months-trouble-with-Asus-PG278Q-27-quot-and-still-...

Bal
Level 7
I have the same problem, I did rma because I couldn't stand to rehook adapter every single time
New monitor I just received today has 2 dead pixels (hard to see) and the power issue continues
I updated mobo bios but that was irrelevant
Can't be a psu or any other issue, that is merely with power adapter or the monitor cable where you hook to mobo
Such a big disappointment, I will rma new one they sent and ask for all cables too.
Asus GTX 980 Strix OC III Intel Core I7-4790K 4GHz III Maximus VII Formula
Corsair Vengeance Pro Rot 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 MHz III Rog Swift PG278Q

True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

Bal
Level 7
Update: tonight when I wanted to turn the monitor on as usual (rehook the power cables) and I hated that, it doesn't work out anymore. Monitor did not turn on whatever I tried.
I bought the item on January from amazon, I will try asking them to take it back and see what happens. I mean this is just not right.. it can happen after warranty and then I will be ****ed.

So this is what gonna happen guys, it will not start after a point. (ones having same issue with me)

I was wondering if you have the same model nr for your adapter as mine?

I have the same issue as Bal and the same adapter model number.
Where can i issue a refund from asus, cause these issues are taking me 3 months already...

Jordy wrote:
I have the same issue as Bal and the same adapter model number.
Where can i issue a refund from asus, cause these issues are taking me 3 months already...

Well please let me know if they issue a refund, I'm hopeless about that as 9 Months has passed since I bought it. For replacement do an RMA from asus support, from this link
https://eu-rma.asus.com

Ask them to send a new adapter.
Good luck

Bal
Level 7
I did rma for second time, waiting for a replacement since 10/15

Can you guys update, did you solve the power issue?