cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

980 Ti Sag

pck1977
Level 7
Has anyone come up with any aesthetically pleasing remedies for their Strix 980 Ti sagging?
8 REPLIES 8

Nate152
Hello pck1977

The strix 980ti comes with a backplate so it shouldn't be sagging, do you have it screwed into the pci bracket?

Post us a screen shot if you can please.

Spoonhandle
Level 7
The backplate helps with sagging, but these cards are so huge it would be difficult to not have them sag a little bit. Mine wasn't terrible, but I ziptied the power cables to the hardrive cage to hold it up. I read of someone else putting rubber caps on the end of a dowel rod that was cut to the right length to prop it up and another guy using black lego blocks to hold it up.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
After a certain age sagging becomes inevitable....I don't know if ASUS make a Strix push up bra 😉

Ahem...seriously...screwing the two points to the case should help a lot as Nate says...or rearranging the power connections so the cables are helping to pull up instead of down...like top card here not bottom card

The lego is a cool idea!

I have had no luck dealing with the sag in mine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I have it tightly screwed in but just look at it.

I made a wooden dowel with 2 plastic ends to support my card. It is cheap and fun.
Check it out. Painted it black to match.

Nate152
That looks ok and fixed the sagging, another thing I see people doing is using fishing line and tie it to the top of the case somewhere.

Korth
Level 14
Clay's support rod looks smart ... wood works well but I would've probably used a plastic.

Another PCIe bracket (like this or this) might help.

Use metal slot screws. Avoid using any plastic slot screws/clamps which might've come with the chassis.

Sagging would be a non-issue with horizontal motherboard, lol.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]