cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sabertooth Z170 System won't shutdown fully

Janus_Prospero
Level 7
So I have one of the new Asus Sabertooth Z170 boards and I'm experiencing issues similar to those that plagued the old Z77 Sabertooth.

Latest BIOS 1003 is installed. I've attempted the following:

• Turn off Fast Boot
  • Turn off Fan Overdrive
  • Resetting CMOS

However, intermittently when I restart from the OS (Windows 10) the computer still remains powered even though everything appears shut down with a black screen. The fans continue to run and the LEDs from all my peripherals (GPU, Sound Card, Water Pump, RAM) stay lit. Restarting from BIOS and shutting down normally from the OS seems to be fine. It's just a restart from OS that seems to cause the issue.

I doubt many people have this board yet as it just became available, but if anyone else has one could you please post here reporting if you have or haven't experienced the issue.

Another issue I've encountered was AI Suite 3 kept crashing on me. Digging into the event viewer revealed this:

Faulting application name: AISuite3.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: BIOSFLK.dll, version: 1.3.0.5, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00020e22
Faulting process id: 0xc44
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0fa4c86650440
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite III\AISuite3.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite III\USB BIOS Flashback\BIOSFLK.dll
Report Id: d662825d-aa55-4aa9-a400-f78575a32aba
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Uninstalled USB BIOS Flashback from the AI Suite resolved that issue.
1 REPLY 1

salih
Level 7