cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750J SSD gets lost after startup

gordon_degrandi
Level 7
Hello everyone,
I was a happy g750j owner until I placed a new 1TB SSD drive in my machine. I bought a 1TB Mushkin Reactor 1TB ssd and placed it in my machine as the 😧 drive.

I previously had a 500GB Crucial BX100 SSD which worked well but I was running out of space.
What is happening is the laptop starts up and eventually freezes, but not for long. Once the freeze is over the D drive has been dropped from the configuration.
The only indication of what is going on is in the Event log:
Event 129 - iaStorA : Reset to device \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.
Then a long series of warnings for the SSD : A error was detected on Device \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 during a paging operation
Then after many of these messages there is a message "Disk 1 has been surprise removed"

Besides some better grammar in the messages can anyone help me. What do I need to update to correct this error. I am NOT running RAID
Where do I get an updated iaStorA driver, is this in the BIOS or a separate install. I could not find a reference to this driver on the ASUS support site.

Help please. In the meantime I have returned to my 500GB Crucial B100 SSD. This is a working laptop for my work.
Thanks
Gordon
-------------------
ROG Asus G750jy
24GB memory
1 Crucial MX100 256GB SSD (C drive)
1 Crucial BX100 500GB SSD (D drive)
trying to use 1 Mushkin Reactor 1TB SSD as D drive
0 REPLIES 0