cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog g501j videocard crash

oreopatty
Level 7
So I'm having a problem with my ROG G501J. The thing is whenever i play like let's say asssins creed unity or any games for like an hour. MY COMPUTER CRASHES. And i have noticed it ever since i updated it to windows 10 the boot up takes too long and theres always a time lag of black screen for like 6 secs. And my biggest problem is an error is starting to come so often. When i play my games for an hour or so. THE SCREEN SHUTS DOWN, NOT JUST A BLACK SCREEN BUT THE SCREEN ACTUALLY SHUTS DOWN. And the laptop is still on. Also, when I'm like just watching a movie or browsing the net. The browser BLACKS OUT the movie also BLACKS out and a notification error message appears saying " video error" and everythings just stops. Aftet a while it will notify that it has rebooted. The problem is IT IS STARTING TO COME WAY TO OFTEN like almost 2-4 times a day. And i can't use my laptop properly. And I'm starting to become afraid to use it for i might break it. The lapotop has only been 2months to me. Desperate for help :(((
2 REPLIES 2

toronto699
Level 13
update the W10 drivers
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G501JW&p=3&s=768
if the W10 drivers have a newer date or driver version than W8.1 install the W10 drivers , there is a new Bios for W10 on your driver page

Hi. I've updated all the drivers already to the latest one. But i still keep getting the problem