cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to save power to run longer in battery G751JT?

Nayem33397
Level 7
Is there any quick way to use less of the laptop to save power ? I need it when I do official works on battery. things that a duel core with no gpu can handle.
Is there an option to disable the 970m and use processor gpu as needed quickly.and may be an option to turn off 2 cores
3 REPLIES 3

Corporal
Level 9
Is there an option to disable the 970m

Yes there is. Put your laptop in sleep mode - voila GPU is disabled :cool:
Seriously, it's the only way.
turn off 2 cores

Nope, either you turn off all 4 cores or none at all.

Corporal wrote:
Nope, either you turn off all 4 cores or none at all.

Adding an expansion question from this response: can't this be done in the BIOS setup, if not in Windows? I seem to recall, for my old G55, being able to disable hyper threading and/or two of the four cores from the BIOS setup. I could be remembering incorrectly, though.

Z

TheWitcher
Level 7
Nayem33397 wrote:
Is there any quick way to use less of the laptop to save power ? I need it when I do official works on battery. things that a duel core with no gpu can handle.
Is there an option to disable the 970m and use processor gpu as needed quickly.and may be an option to turn off 2 cores

i have a user on here making an extended battery pack inside my cooling pad for longer use. It saves me from bringing an additional 13 inch laptop when i travel for less demanding work. It will basically give me 5x the battery life which is enough. you can get more info here.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?75154-G751-Battery-upgrade-rebuild&p=539083#post539083