cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G501J Videocard crash need help. The screen shuts down after playing games 1 hr

oreopatty
Level 7
So I'm having a problem with my ROG G501J. The thing is whenever i play like let's say asssins creed unity or any games for like an hour. MY COMPUTER CRASHES. And i have noticed it ever since i updated it to windows 10 the boot up takes too long and theres always a time lag of black screen for like 6 secs. And my biggest problem is an error is starting to come so often. When i play my games for an hour or so. THE SCREEN SHUTS DOWN, NOT JUST A BLACK SCREEN BUT THE SCREEN ACTUALLY SHUTS DOWN. And the laptop is still on. Also, when I'm like just watching a movie or browsing the net. The browser BLACKS OUT the movie also BLACKS out and a notification error message appears saying " video error" and everythings just stops. Aftet a while it will notify that it has rebooted. The problem is IT IS STARTING TO COME WAY TO OFTEN like almost 2-4 times a day. And i can't use my laptop properly. And I'm starting to become afraid to use it for i might break it. The lapotop has only been 2months to me. Desperate for help ((. By the way i have updated the BIOS already and it'sstill happening
1 REPLY 1

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Looks more like a video driver issue, have you tried different video driver versions?

Make sure you have the newest NVIDIA mobile drivers, if you don't then download the newest drivers from the NVIDIA website.

If you have confirmed that you are using the newest drivers then try looking for older driver version and use DDU to clean out all the old driver and reinstall to older driver version.

Give it a try and let us know how it went.