cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Support Holland - no help for G751JY recovery partition ... looking for help

Rogg751jy_BE
Level 8
I bought ROG G751JY which was running fine on windows 8.1 with STEAM, NVDIA , MACRO , ROG GAMEFIRST etc etc .. well all the things that came with the laptop, and then WINDOWS 10 happened ... trough windows update it updated my Asus to windows 10 along with the NVidia drivers for windows 10 ...

I started to notice that gaming became more and more sluggish , low fps with this setup so I wanted to go back to factory default (as in the day I bought it) ... well first returning to 8.1, windows 10 said "had to be done within 1 month", so not possible,. Then I looked on the forum, people saying , use F9 , reset this pc , remove all my apps and personal files. So that s what I did and after the computer finished ... I had , TADAA ... a black WINDOWS 10 with no more STEAM, ROG, GAMEFIRST etc all the soft that came with it etc ...

I gave the restore partition a letter (assigned) so I could go see what the hell was up with that, and there is just windows 10 ?! on it ... so no more steam etc and all the asus pre-installed software.

Now I called ASUS support , hence the laptop I boiught 5 months ago ... , in Holland , and guess whot, not possible to obtain a copy for that restore partition to get my computer back in "i just bought it " state ... , only thing they can do is that I have to 'send in it for reparirs" so they will fix it .... seriously ??!

I didn thave a clue there was "backtrack" app etc ... well whatever, now my question is the following,

iHow do I get it all working again with the keys assigned to the keyboard for steam etc, steam running, gamefirst etc all that was running before and a copy of windows 8.1 for this laptop ?

Seriously starting to regret purchase if this is how ASUS supports send you walking ! Let s hope the community is way more supportive then ASUS ITSELF ..!!

Regards
5 REPLIES 5

toronto699
Level 13
most things u need should be here , most in utilities OS 8.1 some newer drivers in W10
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G751JY&p=3&s=719
if u post in the G751 notbook forum there is more help there , be sure to install the ATK package
Now with W10 if u uninstall a driver , Be Absolutely Sure U care NOT Connected to the internet or W10 will install its own driver . and install New Drives Only When u Are Disconnected From Internet Or Windows may install its own Driver

toronto699 wrote:
most things u need should be here , most in utilities OS 8.1 some newer drivers in W10
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G751JY&p=3&s=719
if u post in the G751 notbook forum there is more help there , be sure to install the ATK package
Now with W10 if u uninstall a driver , Be Absolutely Sure U care NOT Connected to the internet or W10 will install its own driver . and install New Drives Only When u Are Disconnected From Internet Or Windows may install its own Driver

Thx for the reply, already had the link for the drivers and Tools page but still. thx

Syntraxx
Level 7
Asus has alot of cool stuff, But that beeing said ..Support sucks !! they should spend more time on that .Best thing u can do .. make a backup disk..

Sy
ntraxx wrote:
Asus has alot of cool stuff, But that beeing said ..Support sucks !! they should spend more time on that .Best thing u can do .. make a backup disk..

Well i formatted the C drive this morning, installed Windows 8.1 , the asus Tools & drivers and all is working fine again... have250+ FPS in games agin, against HALF in windwos 10 with latest nvidia drivers ... and well it s overal just WAY FASTER then widnows 10 ...

just 1 issue I can t seem to resolve, if anyone can enlighten me , the fact that when you remove the power , i used to get a notification in the active Windows sayig "on battery" or "on power" or "low battery" ... kinda reddisch/back asus rog style ... something i forgot to install or whta s up with that not working at the moment ?

Thx for help.
regards

Nevermind Found, it , lol ... Asus OSD app t trough the ATK package.

Cheers