Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Random black screen while playing games on new g751jl

    I have random black screen without display driver crashes when playing games on my laptop.
    Updated everything, drivers, bios, power option set to high performance, no overheating problems....temp around 65
    I've tried everything and it is still happening both on win 8,1 and windows 10, clean install.

    I sometimes play of an hour or 2 and sometimes just after 5 minutes the screen goes black and the game continues to run. I have to alt+tab to go to desktop and then return to the game and the screen is back on.

    Any one has any solution for this or had the same problem on his g751jl model???

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    310

    Have you tried different games? Do a clean install of Nvidia drivers and do a stress test to check if the issue persists. If so -> return the laptop

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    I have played witcher 3, splinter cell and Assassin creed, all have the same issue and the worst part is that there is no window log that anything happened.
    Tried several drivers version, same problem...
    At the end did the furMark stress test and the screen started to flicker around 12 minute mark even to the temperature didn t go above 69.
    Does that means the problem is hardware and how do I explain why I'm returning the machine since there are no logs that something is wrong ?

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    612

    Quote Originally Posted by nider View Post
    I have random black screen without display driver crashes when playing games on my laptop.
    Updated everything, drivers, bios, power option set to high performance, no overheating problems....temp around 65
    I've tried everything and it is still happening both on win 8,1 and windows 10, clean install.

    I sometimes play of an hour or 2 and sometimes just after 5 minutes the screen goes black and the game continues to run. I have to alt+tab to go to desktop and then return to the game and the screen is back on.

    Any one has any solution for this or had the same problem on his g751jl model???
    Are you using the laptop screen or an external monitor? Sometimes a external can go into sleep and your laptop might still be running. I have also seen hdmi switches that have sleep modes aswell.
    3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio

  5. #5
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by aeolisio View Post
    Are you using the laptop screen or an external monitor? Sometimes a external can go into sleep and your laptop might still be running. I have also seen hdmi switches that have sleep modes aswell.
    I'm using the laptop screen

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    8
    Posts
    513

    driverversion?

  7. #7
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by warryabel View Post
    driverversion?
    Latest version but I've also tried 2 older versions, the same.

    I called the support service, I m sending the machine back...it seems something is wrong with the graphic card.

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    8
    Posts
    513

    have tried 348? i think the newer drivers are very buggy! i use 348xx from support site and have 0 problems!

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by warryabel View Post
    have tried 348? i think the newer drivers are very buggy! i use 348xx from support site and have 0 problems!
    I'm running windows 10 now, so there are no older drivers to dl...I thought maybe it s a problem with the windows so I made a clean install of win10 after nothing helped on win 8.1, still no luck...

    As I mentioned before I never get "nvidia drivers stopped responding or anything like that" the screen just goes black or the computer goes to sleep. On the stress test it did the same even tho the temperatures didn't exceed 69 cel.
    After testing on two windows, messing with different options on the card itself, 4 different drivers tested I'm pretty sure its a hardware problem, that s why I'm returning the unit.

  10. #10
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    G751jl problem

    Please help me...! What hapened witho your laptop... have you returned it.. I have the same problem, so can you help me?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •