cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73jh vBios update tutorial, for GSOD matter.

Retired
Not applicable
G73jh vBios update tutorial, for GSOD matter.

Hello everybody, this tutorial is based on the « GARY KEY » one’s, made originally on notebook review forum further to the development by ASUS of a new vBIOS, to solve the problems of GSOD. So I’m doing nothing more than illustrating it.

Original tutorial :How to Fix Your GSOD Blues

vBIOS history:

Chastity: " @Yuna44: Here's a quick review of the vBIOS History:

HYN vBIOS is an alpha vBIOS
SAM vBIOS is first Beta
v93 vBIOS is 2nd Beta, and now is bumped to final "

I put this vBios history as some people have received from Asus support the wrong revision of the vBios like « G730810.hyn » which is the Alpha revision !:confused:

The vBIOS is certified to operate with the Bios 211
So Gary deeply recommends to update BIOS in version 211 before the vBios update.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vBIOS update :

1st Step : Creation of a bootable USB stick.

- First of all download the following file: 93vBIOSa.rar
- Unzip the file, you obtain the following files:

- Unzip also those files: HPUSBDisk.rar and win98boot.rar

- Insert your USB stick then launch the software freshly unziped "HPUSBDisk": mark the option " Create a DOS startup disk " then indicate the directory where you have unziped the file win98boot.rar (normally "win98boot", Not the CDROM subfolder). Then "Start"

- Copy then the 3 files : atiflash, BR38352.001 and Vflash on your USB stick.

2nd Step : Flashing the new vBIOS ( The computer must be connected to power supply during all the operation)..

- Let plugged the USB stick.
- switch off your computer.
- Restart and tapping on the key "Escape" Until the following window appears. Then select your USB stick and validate (it is the same name as the one who appears when you format the USB stick with HP USB Disk, For me: IOCELL celldisk...).

- Type « Vflash » then validate.

- Here's it's done !!! :);)

- Unplug the USB stick.
- Then restart with the three magic fingers « Ctrl+Alt+Del ».

Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

P.S.: (We see on the last photo that the new and the old vBIOS are the same. It is normal in my case, because I had already made the update. I just redid the flash to be able to take some photos.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shit!!! The flash failed I do not have display anymore!!!!!!!!

No problem... Here is the solution: 😉
(There is very little chance that, that arrives at you, but it is always better to have the solution in case of.)

This manipulation was reported by a member of " notebook review " for whom the flash failed, and he resolved his problem in this way. I have tested the method and that works ! The computer boot automatically on the USB stick and the flash is made automatically.

- Take back your USB stick and rename the file "Vflash" to "autoexec".
(So the file become auto-executable 🙂 ).

- Check if there is not of disk in your reader.
- Remove the 2 HDD (disconnect your computer and remove the battery).
- Connect your USB stick (only your stick, nothing else).
- Start your computer (reconnect your computer and put back the battery).
- Wait 2 minutes then switch off your computer.

- Put back your 2 HDD.
- Then restart.

Here is! Everything is back to normal ! :cool:

P.S.: Sorry for my english, I'm french... 😄
14 REPLIES 14

Retired
Not applicable
Nice job.

Retired
Not applicable
Thank you!

Just hope it will help some people!
And also let's help "Asusrog.com" to be the official and the most visited Asus dedicate web site! As for sur it will be helpful for us later on...

Retired
Not applicable
thanks yuna!

Retired
Not applicable
Now, will this vBios work with OverDrive? I have a 93vBIOS that is supposed to enable OverDrive, not sure if it's the same one.

Retired
Not applicable
nope the true unoffical vbios does not unlock ati overdrive that is a edit changed vbios that chasity has.

Retired
Not applicable
To be right:

This vBios is the official Beta. And not the final yet, that's why it's not on the official Asus support website.

Retired
Not applicable
yuna the bios we have loaded here the v93a is the official bios supported by ASUS.

http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?519-G73Jh-GSOD-Vbios-Update

Retired
Not applicable
Yes I know. It is officially supported by Asus. But it's still a Beta as they were waiting for custom feedback before making it to final.

And not of all the Asus support people are aware about this v93a and still sending the Alpha vBios "G730810.hyn".
And regarding the last post of Gary on "notebook review" they are preparing official update of Bios and vBios.asus-updates-official

But anyway, yes for sure it is an official vBios. And my link is the same as yours

Yuna44 wrote:
Yes I know. It is officially supported by Asus. But it's still a Beta as they were waiting for custom feedback before making it to final.

And not of all the Asus support people are aware about this v93a and still sending the Alpha vBios "G730810.hyn".
And regarding the last post of Gary on "notebook review" they are preparing official update of Bios and vBios.asus-updates-official

But anyway, yes for sure it is an official vBios. And my link is the same as yours

http://es.asusxperts.com/asus-gaming-series/4292-recursos-y-soluciones-g73jh.html
still I am in doubt therefore in this forum indicate me the presence of two VBIOS here a beta and one another officer with improvement of powerplay, already I carried through the exchange of the original for the beta but and this officer what it would move and will be necessary to carry through the exchange?