cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel manegment interface driver not working

revstar20
Level 7
HI im new to forum go easy on me!!!!! Im having issues with intel management interface driver- device cannot start (code 10 )power failure. I am getting this error on windows 8.1 and windows 10. I have tried reinstalling chipset drivers multiple versions, I have tried installing multiple intel management interface driver versions, bios is up to date and I also tried reinstalling but not downgrading, reset cmos, reset bios settings. any help would be appreciated as I just cant fix the problem myself.
8 REPLIES 8

revstar20
Level 7
No takers ? I didn't think anybody on here would be smart enough to help me!!!!!!!!!

does intel vpro enabled in your bios?

salih wrote:
does intel vt-d enabled in your bios?

vt-d was disabled so I enabled it and uninstalled and reinstalled intel management interface driver and software. still same error not fixed but thanks for input!!!!

Praz
Level 13
Hello

In the main tab of the BIOS is there a version number shown the IME?

Praz wrote:
Hello

In the main tab of the BIOS is there a version number shown the IME?

HI thanks for input, in bios ME version is N/A is this my issue? the mei driver cant communicate with the bios ? how do I fix this ?

Praz
Level 13
Hello

If N/A is showing for the ME firmware the firmware has been corrupted. You will either need to get the chip reflashed using a programmer, purchase a preflashed chip or RMA the board if still under warranty.

Praz wrote:
Hello

If N/A is showing for the ME firmware the firmware has been corrupted. You will either need to get the chip reflashed using a programmer, purchase a preflashed chip or RMA the board if still under warranty.

thankyou not what a wanted to hear lol!!! . Do I have any other options? can reflash bios using crashfree 2 would this fix my problem? I don't know much about ME firmware.

revstar20 wrote:
thankyou not what a wanted to hear lol!!! . Do I have any other options? can reflash bios using crashfree 2 would this fix my problem? I don't know much about ME firmware.

Never mind I answered my own question, I reflashed bios using crashfree bios 2 and it fixed my issue. thanks for your help directing me to the bios to check ME firmware version it gave me the information I needed to know to fix problem cheers m8.