cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Strix Tactic Pro Not WORKING or EVEN DETECTED.

ReiJin24
Level 7
Good day guys, I recently bought an ASUS Tactic PRO on a local store here in my country. Unfortunately they are not actually an ASUS certified store, they are just a simple computer shop who sells stuff. Though I can try and talk to them for replacement, but remains to be seen.

So on to the problem, I plugged in the ASUS Strix Tactic Pro keyboard on to my computer and it worked fine, so I decided to download its software / drivers. I downloaded the latest stable release (Not the newer BETA Version). During installation, it prompted me to also download the latest firmware as well, I suppose the new driver also requires the latest firmware so I clicked YES. I downloaded the latest stable release firmware as well who happen to be version 1.09 and theres a binary file, I opened it, It says click "INTO LOADER" and Press UPDATE to update firmware, and so I did. When its done, I clicked FINISH. It worked properly, I suppose the drivers and firmware update will work best after I restart my system. so the LED Lights flashed, and they didnt turned ON. 😞 after the boot process the keyboard isnt functioning anymore not it is detected. I tried it on another computer, it doesnt work. Also tried it on several laptops, NO LUCK AT ALL. I figured, it must be drivers so I downloaded and tried all of the rest of the drivers, NO LUCK. So the last thing that came into mind is the firmware, I think I should be reseting it to its factory default. Unfortunately, the firmware update program doesnt react at all, no buttons to be clicked (Buttons are grayed out).

The thing is, the keyboard doesnt light up, except the P1 P3 the M and the NKRO Lights. They are at the lowest possible dim lighting. I really think that the firmware is corrupted and I dont know how to reset it to factory default.

I have read a couple of people having the same problem as me, and doesnt seem to have a solution posted. Dont know how to contact ASUS about this either.
29 REPLIES 29

waterworthr
Level 7
Hi All,

I updated the keyboard's firmware on Saturday night to version 1.09 and it worked fine, but after turning my computer on and off the keyboard is completely unresponsive. I think that the firmware has either become corrupt or is a dodgy version.

The only lights being lit up on the keyboard are the P1, P3, M and NKRO keys, but they are at the dimmest setting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

It appears that you didn't install the firmware correctly, I've been using 1.09 for awhile now and don't have any issues. You need to open the firmware file twice, once it clears the firmware then you open again to update and it works fine afterwards.

I am late but I'll give an answer anyway, so anyone facing the same problem, which looks happening frequently, knows what is going on.

This is most likely the case where the firmware is corrupted and the keyboard just lockups at booting phase (runs on an ARM cortex M0 cpu). Unfortunately there is no easy way to revert or recover it because Asus did'nt implement a user way to do it, trying to flash it again with the firmware updater wont work. So the easiest way is, of course, to send it back under warranty.
The hard way, which invalidates the warranty, consists in doing some cpu debugging using ARM's SWD (Serial Wire Debug). This process is not for everyone, it requires an swd debugger, some knowledge and some manual abilty because Asus forgot to put any kind of swd connector or pins on the board.

I have this exact same issue. Not detected with dim lights activated after I updated the firmware. of course, My warranty expired just last month. I started an RMA, hopefully it works out and they replace it.

I need help with this too 😮

I am getting the following issue

The Only lights that are on the keyboard are P1 P3 M and NKRO

What can i do about this.

Keyboard gets power, hence illuminating Lights above but not being detected

Please HELP

Any resolution to this issue?

I'm having the same issue and can't get ASUS to come at RMA for whatever reason. It pains me to think I'm going to throw away a perfectly good mechanical keyboard because of corrupt software and poor design that inhibits user interaction.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?77418-ASUS-Strix-Tactic-Pro-Not-WORKING-or-EVEN-DETECTED/p...

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Have you tried updating the firmware? You can download the firmware on their website at the link below:
https://www.asus.com/Keyboards-Mice/STRIX_TACTIC_PRO/HelpDesk_Download/
Under others tab.

Also for the firmware update you need to open it twice as it has to erase the BIOS and then you open again to update the BIOS. It does look like a corrupted firmware file that's causing the issue for you, hope this works.

InfernoStorm wrote:
Have you tried updating the firmware? You can download the firmware on their website at the link below:
https://www.asus.com/Keyboards-Mice/STRIX_TACTIC_PRO/HelpDesk_Download/
Under others tab.

Also for the firmware update you need to open it twice as it has to erase the BIOS and then you open again to update the BIOS. It does look like a corrupted firmware file that's causing the issue for you, hope this works.

what do you mean you need to open the updater twice?

is it open the FWupdate then close then open again then start to bootload?

edmond2016 wrote:
what do you mean you need to open the updater twice?

is it open the FWupdate then close then open again then start to bootload?

I got to say that i also got the same problem here.prompted to run the fware upgrade twice , but keyboard not working after fware upgrade.
funny thing is that strix software suggests the fware upgrade itself , atleast give the user a warning that this could brick your keyboard so people can atleaset avoid it.
very bad software design IMO.

not too sure how and why asus released a $$$ keyboard and providing thrash software along with it. im really happy about the keyboard but the software
will not cut it.
to fix this issue , seems like you have to send the keyboard for RMA.
good luck dude , i'll let you know how my RMA process goes and probably more insight on the asus after service as well. cheers.