Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Ex-employee Array

Also need to see if it's detected in Devices in Printer, if it isn't then there's no way for the firmware update to work as the system needs to still at least detect the keyboard.

New ROGer Array

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gg.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	294.0 KB 
ID:	66599
    same problem ,need help. i cant install firmware keyboard not detected

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by j1nkz View Post

Name:	gg.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	294.0 KB 
ID:	66599
    same problem ,need help. i cant install firmware keyboard not detected
    Do you still see a flashing orange light? Have you tried this keyboard on a different system to see if it can be detected?

New ROGer Array

yes i have old PC with windows 7 its same problem not detected.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by j1nkz View Post
    yes i have old PC with windows 7 its same problem not detected.
    Unfortunately it means that the keyboard is dead and you will need to send it back for RMA replacement.

New ROGer Array

i have no warranty more (

New ROGer Array

Have the same issue and ASUS customer support aren't interested in helping me fix it!

I bought a Strix Tactic Pro brand new from a work colleague who never used it. Installed it without issue on a new desktop PC running Windows 10 (64-bit). Successfully flashed the firmware to V1.08 using the software downloaded from the ASUS support website. Everything worked perfectly until the surge protected power went off to my PC. Upon restarting the computer everything was fine except the keyboard was not working, with the only lights on P1, P3, M and NKRO keys.

Name:	only_4_keys_illuminated.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	148.2 KB 
ID:	66840

So I called ASUS Customer Support after lodging a service request only to be told to contact the retailer from whom I purchased it from and "return the product back to their technical/warranty department for further inspection/assessment". Only problem with this is I don't know where my work colleague purchased it from and he is also currently overseas.

Called Customer Support again and was given the number of a local service centre that turns out to only service desktops and laptops etc. So they can't help me and it looks like I'll have no choice but to throw this perfectly good mechanical keyboard in the trash because of a corrupt firmware that seems to be too much hassle for ASUS to help fix.

Any ideas or suggestions please would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Bancroft; 08-24-2017 at 11:18 AM.

New ROGer Array

Bump this thread.

Any resolution to this issue?

I'm having the same issue and can't get ASUS to come at RMA for whatever reason. It pains me to think I'm going to throw away a perfectly good mechanical keyboard because of corrupt software and poor design that inhibits user interaction.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...DETECTED/page3

Ex-employee Array

If the orange lights aren't flashing and it's not installed or detected by the system (check in devices and printers) then there's nothing that can be done, the keyboard can only be sent back for RMA replacement.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3