Csarlorca
Level 7
Hi i have a
Asus Maximus VII gene
I7 4790k stock
2 Gskill F3-2400C10D-8GTX kits 4x4gb 10-12-12-31-2N 1.65 V
Strix Gtx 970
Corsair CX600 PSU

When i activate de XMP profile to put the RAMs at 2400 mhz, the pc start, but when i run a memory stress test whit aida64 , but after 2 min aprox a BSOD appears with the error MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.
I tested the rams on my brother PC and they works fine (he has the same kit of ram), and I use his ram in my PC, and my PC works fine so i dont know what im doing wrong.

P.D: sorry for the bad english but i´m Chilean
14 REPLIES 14

Nate152
Hello Csarlorca

It's not a good idea to mix ram kits and I suspect that's what's happening.

Reset the bios to defaults and try setting your ram manually and/or both kits separately with xmp and see if you pass the aida64 memtest. With 2 ram kits you'll have a better chance at getting them running stable setting them manually, let's hope you don't have to loosen the timings. 🙂

Let us know if either of those passes the aida64 memtest.

Margus
Level 7
I had also sutch bsod long time ago on my hero VII its caused by bad cpu power cable. If psu new you not should worry about it. Carfully you can tighten power connector plug pins. But 600w psu is bit low maybe not the issue.

testing 2 rams of 1 kit and windows dont boot, and the BIOS said Overcloking problem press F1 to setup, i can run the rams at 2133 mhz without any problem.
Im gonna try to unplug plug the cpu connector

Nate152
On the extreme tweaker tab try raising the cpu system agent voltage to 1.10v - 1.15v.

Let us know if this gets your ram to 2400MHz.

AIDA64 stop the test after 5 minutes, the error says Warning: Hardware failure detected! Test stopped

AIDA64 stop the test after 5 minutes, the error says Warning: Hardware failure detected! Test stopped

Nate152
Did you raise the cpu system agent voltage to 1.10v - 1.15v?

You have ram instability if it runs at 2133MHz and you get overclocking failed at 2400mhz, raising the cpu system agent voltage can help with this. If it still fails after raising the cpu system agent voltage raise the Dram voltage to 1.68v.

i tried and it doesn't work 😞

Nate152
All right thank you

If you have the two sticks in the red slots try them in the black slots and enable xmp.

If it still fails reset bios to defaults and try one stick in all four slots.