cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xonar Phoebus & Logitech Z906 surround sound

Hondo
Level 7
Hi Guys,

I'm pulling my hear out trying to get this to work and having issues. I have the phoebus xonar and logitech z906 connected as per instructions but having issues when trying to test speaker settings.

In the ROG Xonar Phoebus app, I have selected 5.1 Surround.

But when I do the test I can only hear the sound from Left and Right speakers.

This results in some audio missing from in game cutscenes.
even though it like this if I play music I can all speakers works fine.

In my logitech, I have set to input 1, with stereo settings set to '3d' which indicates its picking up all speakers.

Only way for me get the cutscene audio currently working is to turn off 3d settings all together in my logitech z906. But this stop all speakers except for front speakers.

I'm currently not sure where the problem lies.... with Logitech speakers or sound card. I'm currently think its something to do with the card.

I'm running windows 10 with the latest win 10 drivers for Xonar Phoebus.

Anyone have any suggestions or clue what this could be?

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Hondo
5 REPLIES 5

Unorthodox
Level 7
Same setup here (although replaced the speakers). You'll need to turn off 3D Stereo on the Logitech controller, if you don't get full surround still make sure the Dolby Home Theater is on.

Glasofruix
Level 8
Wait, how did you connect the speakers to the card?

Its best setup ever Z906 and ROG Phoebus, i have the same setup

i turned Dolby Home Theater v4 to get full Surround

Tuoni
Level 7
Why do you need to enable virtual surround on a "real" 5.1 speaker system :confused:

dan_ivan
Level 7
Hello,
Below you can find few directions of how you can setup your logitech audio system in optic, coaxial and analog type of connections.
Be aware that if you insert any option regarding "3d", the system will bypass any input signal and process its own "3d" surround, which will messed up sound. So my advise is to use the system setup in direct 6 channels mode and apply 3d settup only if you have a stereo source (like movies or tv shows at tv) which you want to apply a 3d surround.:

To use an optical connection:

Connect your computer sound card to one of the optical inputs on the back of your Z906 subwoofer.

Press the Input button on your Control Console.

Cycle through the selections and choose the corresponding Optical input (either Input 3 or 4).

To use a coaxial cable:

Connect your computer sound card to the coaxial input on the back of the Z906 subwoofer.

Press the Input button on the front of the Z906 Control Console.

Cycle through the selections and choose Input 5 (Digital Coaxial).

Analog connections

NOTE: See the Subwoofer and Control Console images below for the location of buttons and inputs.

For 6-channel analog (6-channel direct):

Match the color-coded 3.5mm outputs on the back of your sound card to the corresponding inputs on the back of your Z906 Control Console using the provided cable.

Press the Input button on the front of your Z906 Control Console.

Cycle through the selections and choose Input 1 (6-channel direct).

For 4-channel & 2-channel analog:

Connect your Z906 to the sound card using either the green 3.5mm input on the back of your subwoofer or the Aux audio input on your Control Console.

Cycle through the selections by pressing the Input button and choose either Input 1 (6-channel direct) or Aux depending on where you have the 3.5mm Aux audio cable connected.