cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realtek Separating Audio Problems

Ruuuuuuube
Level 7
I have just upgraded my pc and am now using a Hero VIII along with a 6700k.

My problem is with the audio portion. Previously I had a 2500k and a sabertooth board which used the realtek drivers. I was able to separate the audio so that my speakers (connected in rear panel) and headphones (connected in front panel) could be independent of each other.

The problem now is that when I try to do it with my Hero, it may work only for the first time. I'll get audio playing out of the headphones, then when I switch the default to the speakers and then back to the headphones, the headphones are now silent. The audio mixer shows that there is sound playing but nothing coming out. Then when I switch to the speakers, sound comes out from both devices (speakers and headphones).

I've also read about others' issues regarding popping sound and I did have it for the first day but that has gone away on its own.

Anyone have any information on this or can see if my issue happens to you as well if you have the same board? Or could it be an issue with the board? I'd like to know so that I can return it if need be. (Just got it from newegg on the 30th of Sept)
3 REPLIES 3

Celador
Level 7
You can try and open realtek sound panel, then click on a small cog in the top right corner and tick "separate all input jacks as independent devices".

Celador wrote:
You can try and open realtek sound panel, then click on a small cog in the top right corner and tick "separate all input jacks as independent devices".

That is exactly what I did in order to separate my audio outputs in the first place. Yet it still doesn't work as it should.

i have this exact problem. i cant seperate audio. has anyone found a fix becuase i didnt spend $180 on a MB that cant do something my 6 year old one could do