Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Member Array UnknownEngineer PC Specs
    UnknownEngineer PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Ranger
    Processori7 6700K
    Memory (part number)Crucial Ballistics Sport (2x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1GTX 970 Gigabyte G1
    Storage #1128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus
    Storage #23TB Seagate
    CPU CoolerCorsair h110i GTX
    CaseBitfenix Ghost
    Power Supply750W EVGA supernova G2
    Keyboard G170+
    Mouse G502
    Headset Creative Fatality
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Adampvp View Post
    Hey I managed to fix my system by running my ram at 2133 mhz on xmp. (turn on xmp, but then set the speed to 2133mhz).

Have now been stable 48hrs.

good luck, let me know if it works for you
    I had my uptime at 57 hours and I got a crash, I am going to try reinstalling as soon as I get my data backed up.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hey check this link http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...L_20150805.pdf

If your ram is BLS8G4D240FSA.16FAD, (check in cpuz - spd tab), then its xmp profile is not supported, but rather you need timings of 16-16-16-40.

UnknownEngineer PC Specs
    Processori7 6700K
    Storage #23TB Seagate
    CaseBitfenix Ghost
    Keyboard G170+
    Mouse G502
    OS Windows 10

Hey check this link http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...L_20150805.pdf

If your ram is BLS8G4D240FSA.16FAD, (check in cpuz - spd tab), then its xmp profile is not supported, but rather you need timings of 16-16-16-40.
    Only noticed this after I replied to the other thread, I just placed both 1102 and 1202 on my USB to test aswell, going to try just changing timings first.
    Thing is, while I do get freezez still, they happen very rarely. FO4 has caused 2 in ~70H of play time, even then I have been playing the game for 6-8 hours, witout turning off the game, and not getting crashes. Will try with the games that I know should cause issues, WoT and Armored Warfare.
    EDIT: Decided to check my RAM to be sure before I went to test things. mine ends in .M16F
    WTH? I though I had the same RAM, not only that but the box reads differently as well. BLS2C8G4D240FSA
    Either I am paranoid and that is for the 2 sticks together, or I have different RAM. Prpably the first option, anyhow, off to do some testing.
    Last edited by UnknownEngineer; 11-18-2015 at 09:04 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Turned on pc to reply and froze as i was typing ((((

bios 1202, not that it matters anymore.

ROG Member Array

Hey I managed to fix my system by running my ram at 2133 mhz on xmp. (turn on xmp, but then set the speed to 2133mhz).

Have now been stable 48hrs.

good luck, let me know if it works for you
    I had issues with freezing as well, and it typically happened at startup. I thought it was due to the error 56 I was getting, but now I suspect it just appeared that way as I get that error every time upon boot.

As someone stated above, if you are running xmp it is not plug and play. I have tridentz 3000 RAM and I have since bumped my SA voltage up to 1.23 and vcc up to 1.20 and my freeze issues have seemingly gone away. In fact as of now I am running at 3200 with slightly relaxed timings. Still haven't done enough stress testing, but so far so good.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Correct.

The best way to rule out being an unstable memory overclock is to bring the system back to system defaults and run RAM at 2133MHz. If the problem goes away, you have your answer. If not, report back.

UnknownEngineer PC Specs
    Processori7 6700K
    Storage #23TB Seagate
    CaseBitfenix Ghost
    Keyboard G170+
    Mouse G502
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Correct.

The best way to rule out being an unstable memory overclock is to bring the system back to system defaults and run RAM at 2133MHz. If the problem goes away, you have your answer. If not, report back.
    There is another thread that seemed to have gained more popularity than this one, it is concerning the exact same issue.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-(ACPI-error-)
    I only noticed it after I posted mine, guess I didn't look into the subs posts far enough.

For me simply setting my RAM to 2133 didn't help, I still had a few freezes after that, though they didn't appear as often. Currently I am testing with increased voltages, slightly tuned timings, and at 2400MHz. I also set my CPU to the 4.2Ghz default from having it downcloked to 4.0, Vcore I also set to a -0.12V offset. I assumed my cooler (Arctic cooling 30I) would be enough, but apparently it is worse than the Freezer 13 I had before RMA. Everything stock on the CPU and temps get to 82+C. Unacceptable.
    Should be getting a WC in a month at best.

So far I have been stable with the changes made, but just setting the memory to 2133 could have gotten my this stable so I am going to need quite a bit more time to test. Audio issues seem to have... changed, instead of high pitch clipping I was getting midrange clipping in Armored Warfare, that was before setting the voltages down a bit on the CPU.

I feel like I could end-up writing a mystery novel after I get my system going stable.

Hey ,
    Please refer to my threads ,
    Maybe find somethings useful ,

Since i get this borad had many issue with it and now its fixed 99.9% ,

First try to update latest version of your mobo bios its really effective !
    Install fresh copy of win10 x64 , ( let the windows update install the drivers as well as it can )
    Second , do not installing crappy Ai suite , all versions ,
    Do not install realtek / sonic sound ,
    Use XMP profile without touch the memory voltages ,
    Use adaptive voltage for cpu and no up or downgrade it ,
    Leave it default ,

At the end ,
    Your cpu and gpu temp is unusual ,
    My idle cpu temp is 23c and while gaming 45 ~54 ( on adaptive mode 1.200 +0.250 )
    My gpu , g1 gaming gtx980 with manualy fan speed with oc guru II ,
    ( idle , 29~32c and gaming temp 59~61c )
    Mobo chipset temp ( 27.8 ~34)

Using best cpu compound and good cooling ( i using h100i)
    Change psu and retry ,
    Try with only 1 modul of memory and test others one by one ,

Hope it fix your issue ,

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownEngineer View Post
    There is another thread that seemed to have gained more popularity than this one, it is concerning the exact same issue.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-(ACPI-error-)
    I only noticed it after I posted mine, guess I didn't look into the subs posts far enough.

For me simply setting my RAM to 2133 didn't help, I still had a few freezes after that, though they didn't appear as often. Currently I am testing with increased voltages, slightly tuned timings, and at 2400MHz. I also set my CPU to the 4.2Ghz default from having it downcloked to 4.0, Vcore I also set to a -0.12V offset. I assumed my cooler (Arctic cooling 30I) would be enough, but apparently it is worse than the Freezer 13 I had before RMA. Everything stock on the CPU and temps get to 82+C. Unacceptable.
    Should be getting a WC in a month at best.

So far I have been stable with the changes made, but just setting the memory to 2133 could have gotten my this stable so I am going to need quite a bit more time to test. Audio issues seem to have... changed, instead of high pitch clipping I was getting midrange clipping in Armored Warfare, that was before setting the voltages down a bit on the CPU.

I feel like I could end-up writing a mystery novel after I get my system going stable.
    Doesn't surprise me. It seems that Crucial RAM has been iffy on both the X99 and Z170 platforms lately. Seen enough cases to recommend users to avoid Crucial for now.

Regarding the audio issues, try updating your motherboard to the latest BIOS. There was one or two cases about audio issues but the new BIOS updated fixed it.

UnknownEngineer PC Specs
    Processori7 6700K
    Storage #23TB Seagate
    CaseBitfenix Ghost
    Keyboard G170+
    Mouse G502
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Doesn't surprise me. It seems that Crucial RAM has been iffy on both the X99 and Z170 platforms lately. Seen enough cases to recommend users to avoid Crucial for now.

Regarding the audio issues, try updating your motherboard to the latest BIOS. There was one or two cases about audio issues but the new BIOS updated fixed it.
    No idea how the BIOS could effect audio, literally none, anyhow I just had 2 freezes with my updated settings. I bumped up VCCIO and System agent to 1.2V, and set my CPU back to 4.0.
    If I still get a freeze I might have to RMA the mobo an RAM, as I can't say for sure what is cousing the issue. The worst part is, I am not going to get different RAM with an RMA. I am just going to get the same ****, with the same manufacturing issues...
    Well, i still have 2 BIOS revisions to go trough with and without voltages/timings edited. 4, if I take 4001 and 8001 into testing as well.

Just the amount of tweaking I need to do, just to get this system working, is unreasonable. If any component is going to RMA, I am left without a PC completely. I am considering buying a Z97 setup instead of this. That is how bad this is.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast