cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G751JM regeneration

Pavlovic
Level 7
Welcome everyone,
For start, I need to apologize for language skills. I came to United Kingdom a few months ago.
I bought a laptop G751JM about a half year ago. Now I decided to buy and install SSD for system, I had windows 8.1 updated to Win10. I found a key for windows 8.1 in bios, so i made a clear installation of that system od ssd. First problem i met was when i left from UEFI settings. Computer was restarting and i got a message, that the "automatic repair" is in progress. That was happening only after visiting UEFI or BIOS. All drivers from Producers website was installed. Next, updating to windows 10 failed. Windows Update succesfully download it and after configuration and restart i got an error with code 0xc0000225. After seweral attempts I stayed on windows 8. Unfortunatelly, after about a week problems started. I could not to shut it down. After pick shut down from start i got a command that windows is shuttong down, but that was happening for all night. After that i was trying with hibernation, but after press power button i got only black screen and could not start the system. Now i'm sitting before clear system again and I don't know what to do.
It is worth noting, that i upgraded the BIOS as well (Was 205, now is 206) and did NOT remooving any producers or Microsoft particles which i got with stock HDD.
Thank You in advance for any help.
10 REPLIES 10

Clintlgm
Level 14
Download the USB install media http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and clean install window 10. You said you had already upgraded from 8.1 to 10 so your hardware is already registered with Microsoft activation servers. Go to Asus Support Downloads and download your hardware drivers ATK package Chipset, IRST and IME, and any other drivers you need.
Go back into your bios and enable secure boot, disable CSM hard drives should be AHCI system UEFI.

Also read this sticky thread https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way...

For window 10 issues not related to your hardware see the windows 10 forum
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

How is it possible to use key from windows 8 to activate windows 10? I was trying to contact the Microsoft consultant when i was looking that key in Bios and i did not get any help from him. Google knew more than them. But anyway system does not matter. Can be 8 or 10, the most importand, it has to be stable.

And what about that communique when i'm leaving the UEFI?

You said you upgraded to 10 previously your computer is registered with MS Activation server you don't need a key. You can clean install without issues. If the clean install ask for a key just keep on going your notebook will activate once you are in window and connected to the internet.

Look I see we have a language issue. The facts are that to get the free windows 10 you must first run the upgrade from 8.1 to 10. Ok you said that you had don't that. So now you just need to clean install windows 10. I gave you the link to make the Install USB drive. And the link for Asus drivers and software. I linked you to the thread that explains all this in logical order.
I also linked you to the 10 forum perhaps you can understand the tutorial there better?

G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

I apologize. I did just like You said and it worked. Now i have windows 10 home activated without any problems.

You said something about changing BIOS settings.
"Go back into your bios and enable secure boot, disable CSM hard drives should be AHCI system UEFI."
The first thing is just like it should to be (secure boot is enabled), but i was trying to understand what You meant with that second thing (CSM etc).

If anyone can help me with that issue: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Gy_eSRpBfuk/hqdefault.jpg
Link contains a image which describing the problem. It happening everytime i left the UEFI.
If You do not see the picture, there is a ROG logo while booting system and the text below "preparing automatic repair".
I simply wondering if it has connection with upgrading BIOS from 205 which is stock to 206 from Asus website.

Thank You again.

Gps3dx
Level 12
@Pavlovic
Please make your self a favor and read the first 3 post in the following thread: Guide: How to install windows 8/8.1/10 The proper way (UEFI based installation) especially the "The "why should I bother" ?" and "How to create & boot a windows installation disk/usb,-"
Also, please download and READ the "bios" part in the official ASUS manual for your laptop, as it will explain HOW TO CHANGE CSM in the bios in order to boot the os in the uefi boot method ( csm disabled ).
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

I did clear installation from usb driver, and i upgraded windows 8 to windows 10 from usb as well. Asus drivers are already installed, and now i am just waiting what will happen with the system becouse the previous one break down after about a week.

Well you say all the drivers are installed? did you just accept the ones that window 10 supplied you? or did you go get the Asus approved windows 10 drivers from the Asus support download site? I would recommend that you install the ones from Asus with a few exception as described by Gps3dx. You'll have a better chance of your system being trouble free.

Are you backing up your data on a regular basis, Are you creating disk Images using Macrium Reflect or Acronis or other Imagining software. With a disk image if things go south for your all you have to do is restore a image and continue of from the point you made the image instead of starting over each time you have an issue!!!:)
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

I found drivers for my laptop model on Asus website and install the drivers which were missing. I mean, if touchpad was working and Asus Smart Gesture do its job as it should to i did not reinstall it. I did it same as before when my system failed. Also i found a few applications which are not in g751 section such as gpu tweak. I was trying to make it looks similar to stock settings, just when i got my laptop brand new but with ssd mounted.

Well hopefully you have made Images for when it crashes again you can just restore Image.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro