cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751jt Lid making noise when opening and closing lid

Nayem33397
Level 7
My new g751jt making a loud click sound when opening and closing the lid. It was perfectly fine just a while ago. I am so mad at asus for making this sorts of hardware.
did anyone else had this issue ? how to fix it ? please say don't say go to customer service .
28 REPLIES 28

Corporal
Level 9
Please record the sound/video. My g751jy lid does "click" a little when I move it, not sure if it's the same as yours.

Nayem33397
Level 7

Corporal
Level 9
did anyone else had this issue ? how to fix it ? please say don't say go to customer service .

You could open it up and see if all the screws are tight.

Corporal wrote:

where are the screws ?

Corporal wrote:

where are the screws ? not seeing any nearby

Corporal
Level 9
Open the rear speakers cover, open the palm rest, unscrew 4 screws at the bottom of the display and remove the display cover. Then see if there are any untight screws that connect the display to the base.

Corporal wrote:
Open the rear speakers cover, open the palm rest, unscrew 4 screws at the bottom of the display and remove the display cover. Then see if there are any untight screws that connect the display to the base.

will I loose warranty if I do so?

Nayem33397 wrote:
will I loose warranty if I do so?

Sadly opening your laptop up in the manner Corporal is suggesting will void your warranty, such advice really should come with this disclaimer.

On the flipside Asus has no way to determine that you have done so if there is nothing physically wrong.

It does kind of sound like there is unwanted play from a loose screw.

My advice is first to exchange the unit, if not feasible then to have warranty service done. I don't recommend self service as if you error in some way (i.e. scratch/dent some plastic) then you've potentially tossed your warranty which could lead to a very expensive repair later.

Corporal
Level 9
to have warranty service done

Chances are, there is no screw lose and it's just cheap plastic making noise. I don't recommend sending it to asus service, because it will take a long time and very likely won't fix anything. It's more likely that your laptop will be sent back with scratches or components missing. If it's just plastic, they will tell you it's normal and send it right back to you(after a few weeks).
I don't recommend self service

Self-service is the only way of fixing screen bezel putting pressure on the screen for example.