Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Corporal View Post
    Chances are, there is no screw lose and it's just cheap plastic making noise. I don't recommend sending it to asus service, because it will take a long time and very likely won't fix anything. It's more likely that your laptop will be sent back with scratches or components missing. If it's just plastic, they will tell you it's normal and send it right back to you(after a few weeks).
    Hence my primary recommendation to exchange, as well so long as the issue is properly documented it *should* come back resolved.

Also many other markets have local service shops where you can sit and wait (and watch) the service being done. I myself prefer to self service hardware issues, however opted for a warranty repair as I could schedule a time come in with my laptop and have it immediately serviced and repaired. I even took photos and posted them up here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...sassembly-Pics If you can do the same, I would never ever recommend self service in this case, it is not worth the risk to your warranty vs the slight inconvenience.

Self-service is the only way of fixing screen bezel putting pressure on the screen for example.
    There are basically two type of people when dealing with these type of questions (and like all such statements this one is also not 100% accurate) 1) Those that will take it upon themselves to risk the warranty and pop open the case and figure out what is wrong and fix it if possible. These post will be centered around any potential surprises around self service 2) Those that post on a forum asking what is going on and not comfortable doing self service particularly when it may void the warranty.

My advice is contextual targeting the poster (assumed type 2) while providing information that the first type can assess.

You still should be explicit in warning about potential warranty loss when doing self service.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Man I have the same issue and also an issue with the CPU fan that when the machine has been shut down for a couple of hours when I power on it starts to rumble terribly for like 2 minutes and I think there's something going on inside the back panel.The only reason I don't give it to ASUS is that I'm from eastern Europe and support is terrible and I mean absolutely positively horrendous over here.I am on the verge of opening it up because that warranty is worth close to nothing with the existing ASUS support.A friend gave his G750 with fan issues and they brought it back like 2 months later with LITERALLY nothing changed I don't even know if they even looked at it.So guess I have to take matters into my own not very crafty hands.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Man I have the same issue and also an issue with the CPU fan that when the machine has been shut down for a couple of hours when I power on it starts to rumble terribly for like 2 minutes
    I had it. Open it up, put some oil inside the fan. I used silicon based oil.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio

You will have better longevity with a dry graphite lube and its less risky.
    I couldn't get any other lube inside the fan without disassembling it. There are no screws on the fan housing itself, you'd have to break it open, then put it together with glue.

ROG Enthusiast Array

It is insane the amount of pasting issues,fans with inadequate lubrication bad speakers and god knows what else.This is supposed to be the creme de la crop of the ROG brand and when you open the site it's full of statements like 10% MORE POWER OUT OF THE BOX,MADE BY GAMERS FOR GAMERS etc.They did a great job with the whole cooling system idea and then decided to crap on it with horrible pastes/lubrication which leaves the user with the dilemma of whether they should lose their laptop for what could be potentially months and give it to ASUS/keep it the way it is or become certified technicians and take matters into their own hands..FeelsBadMan

ROG Enthusiast Array

Chances are, there is no screw lose and it's just cheClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151005_123912.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	432.2 KB 
ID:	51976
    Self-service is the only way of fixing screen bezel putting pressure on the screen for example.
    Thanks for your replies . can you please tell what this screws (1) do ? and the platform is lifting up (2) . I tried tighten the screws more,also tried longer screw. its not attached to screw . just lifting up a little and making noise when I open the lid.Please tell me how to fix this

These 4 screws attach the bezel to the screen lid. Remove them, then carefully(!) remove the bezel, starting with the screen bottom. Do not use force, if you need a flat-head screwdriver to pry it open, you're doing it wrong. After that, you can access the screws that actually attach the lid to the lid mechanism.
    Last edited by Corporal; 10-05-2015 at 07:25 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

These 4 screws attach the bezel to the screen lid. Remove them, then carefully(!) remove the bezel, starting with the screen bottom. Do not use force, if you need a flat-head screwdriver to pry it open, you're doing it wrong. After that, you can access the screws that actually attach the lid to the lid mechanism.
    Thanks, but the screw isn't loose. its the area I marked as ' 2 ' its like plastic lock thats locks when I put pressure. now its pooping up when I open the lid. did the inside screw have to do anything with this?

Show some photos from the inside, I don't remember what it looks like.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast