Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Enthusiast Array

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51978[/ATTACH
    after removing the bottom 4 screw I have to remove the top pf lid by flat headed screw driver. but in the pic its opening itself without any pressure when I open the laptop
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos IMG_20151005_134202.jpg  

ROG Enthusiast Array

if I don't put the screw there it doesn't make noise anymore . can I leave it without one screw from bottom 4?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hey mate,

I had this issue before as well and it turned out to be no big deal. I removed the 4 screws and removed the hinge cover, and the noise went away. I replaced the hinge cover and screwed it back up and there's no noise anymore. It may have been due to the wire flicking against the rubber stopper maybe.

Basically if you can verify it's not the actual hinge mechanism, try opening and closing the laptop with the hinge cover removed and see what's up. Chances are it's not the hinge itself in which case you have nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayem33397 View Post
    if I don't put the screw there it doesn't make noise anymore . can I leave it without one screw from bottom 4?
    It's probably to do with the plastic or perhaps a wire on that side is flicking against the screw, though the rubber stoppers should prevent this. The good news is it's sounds like it isn't the hinge itself.
    Last edited by Sniffy; 10-05-2015 at 07:57 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Corporal View Post
    Show some photos from the inside, I don't remember what it looks like.
    the screw is going both way freely not coming out .this one causing the lid going up. how to remove this screw?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Looks like you found the cause of this sound. I'd try to use some tiny pliers to turn the screw and pull it at the same time.
    To get rid of the sound and ensure structural stability of the lid, you will need to disassemble the display housing completely and recreate screw threads for a larger diameter screw(if the space allows it), then use a larger screw. You will need a couple of tools for that though. Needless to say it will void your warranty (at least for this part of the laptop).
    Or you could assemble it again and send it to service.
    Considering the loose screw on the hinge, it's an indication that your lid lacks structural stability. If you leave it like this your lid and display will possibly break.
    Last edited by Corporal; 10-05-2015 at 09:03 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anigif_enhanced-buzz-24856-1365207225-3.gif 
Views:	56 
Size:	555.0 KB 
ID:	51981

ROG Enthusiast Array

I decided to leave it like that . hope the other 2 screw supports it . I have my lesson buying asus product . how the hell they could put a loose screw in place like this. really shame . The didn't care about quality . they just needed my money.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

I've thought of 2 alternative solutions:
    a cable tie that holds the parts together

Name:	cable tie.PNG 
Views:	42 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	52007
    a smaller screw

Name:	smaller screw.PNG 
Views:	42