cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QR Code 32 (i.e. 32-35 CPU/Memory Initialization), can anyone narrow this down?

likwidsolutions
Level 7
I am pretty sure it's the CPU, but the MB manual isn't super clear on it (ASUS, please separate the QR Code Descriptors for things like this, replacing DDR3/4 RAM is going to be a world apart from replacing a CPU).

But What I am worried about is a possible MB problem, so I just want to get some clarification. Here's my reasoning it's the CPU. Recently I had a H110i GTX CPU Cooler installed, but then decided to get a Kraken X61 because the rad has larger surface area, I recently replaced my Corsair C70 Black (that puke green, ugh...) which advertises Military Grade, well whatever military uses technology like that is crappy because that thing gave me so much trouble. Plus the Corsair Cooler is fine, but the Corsair Link Software either just plain sucks or has a problem when AI Suite III is installed, but the CAM software is nice. But basically I was just doing some light workload stuff, web browsing and the like, when I kept getting notifictions from CAM saying that my Kraken was malfunctioning but beyond that it didn't give me any info and I felt the pump to mak, and I opened CAM to find my CPU (an i5-4690k) had a temperature of 88 degrees Celsius!. I made sure the pump was moving and it was, but then quickly turn off my computer. After that I install my H110i GTX back in and let it sit to cool down. When I try to boot up I get the F1 Initilization thing, loaded my OC profile and then hit a black screen with the 32 QR Code. Now at this moment I am almost positive it's the CPU but I don't have another to test it out.
I am curious though, do you think I should go for the 5th Gen i7 or just stick with the Haswell, but if I do that I'm getting the i7 4790k, I just am worried that my MB is messed up, because at that point I might as well upgrade to a X99 or Z170.

I definitely need all 3 ATX x16 slots. My equipment doesn't take all the x16 "virtual slots" but physically it does: I have a 980Ti, and then I have 2x Intel 750s below that (which run in PCIe 3 x4 so I can run both of those, with 1 being my boot. I can basically fit my entire Steam Library on the 1.2TB 750! Nice stuff. This isn't the main topic, but does anyone with an NVMe or a PCIe SSD. I have 3 or 4 Samsung 850 EVO SSDs which are 250 Each, I only wish I bought them now because the prices are dropping like a rock on SSDs with SATA connector. Here's the weird thing. I noticed that when I boot up with my Intel 750, it takes about 3-4 seconds longer than using the 850 EVO. Obviously the NVMe is faster all around so it makes me wonder why I see (it's pretty clear too that it takes just a bit longer. So even when my computer is up working, I think I'll just either get 2x500GB EVOs, and run them in RAID-0 or just use my 250GBs, it doesn't really matter since I will still have 1.8TB of NVMe (I guess I could run RAID5 if I have one more 250GB. I do have one, but something happened to it and its all bent. So idk.

Anyways back to the main topic at hand, think this is CPU related? One weird thing that happened when I was trying to get this working is Windows did boot once, but I didn't get in it because I wanted to try a restart, but then error 32. So CPU? If so what should I get? 4790k? Doesn't the M7F support 5th Gen CPUs? If so does it support the highest K SKU? if so which one is it and is it worth it? I haven't read too much on it so that's why I am asking.
3 REPLIES 3

likwidsolutions
Level 7
oh yeah and I did try individually installing each RAM stick by itself. So yeah, good reason to believe it's not the RAM

Margus
Level 7
you can check if ita not a 8pin power connector issue if you use old psu then yeah most likely asus use some times not standard pins idk just i had lot asus boards old gen used bit different pins in socket i also had issue with older psu its easy to fix.

Nate152
The maximus vii formula does support Broadwell cpu's but the 4790k with its much higher clock speed would outperform it in games. The only advantage I see Broadwell has over Haswell is lower power consumption and a better iGPU, other than that it's actually lacking compared to the 4790k.

Have you tried clearing the cmos?

It's also possible when you reinstalled the H100i GTX you may have tightened the water block a little too tight and is causing code 32-35.