cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Ranger Bios 0905 changelog

Adampvp
Level 7
Recently the bios version 0905 for the Maximus VIII ranger was releasaed. Other than 'Improving system stability', changes were poorly identified.

I was hoping we could share our observations to get a clearer picture of current issues/ changes.

My observations, going from 0801-->0905 included:
(On stock OC settings, using a 6700k)

- Auto voltage will only spike to 1.392 whereas previously it would spike to 1.45+
- Adaptive voltage simply overcharges the voltage, ignoring any offset or set limit, spiking to 1.4+ constantly (previously it would regularly meet the set limit, but would not exceed it))
- Applying a negative offset (e.g. i would apply -0.1v because bios voltage showed 1.3v) will change the voltage shown in bios, but has no effect on voltages once booted into windows
- Increasing the clock speed will increase voltages to spike to 1.4V+, irrespective of settings (auto, adaptive or offset). Previously, at least the different settings would be applied e.g. an adaptive limit.

I have had no experience in manually setting an unchanging voltage as I would prefer for the voltage to fall when idle, however, I am interested to hear what you have all found in this regard.

My main issue is the ridiculously high voltages both at stock and OC settings when running an auto voltage, as well as the fact that adaptive and offset modes do not work.
At stock clock speeds i get 1.3v in bios and up to 1.392 in windows.

Please share your experience of the latest bios update as well as any ongoing issues experienced.
1 REPLY 1

zaodrze244
Level 7
Same here.

my ring ranger z170 + 6700k + 2x8Gb ripjaws V 3200.

btw memory only work on 2600, all of the above fails with the error 55 :mad::mad::mad: