cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Matrix GTX 580 Boot Screen giberish

racefan14
Level 7
Last night I was gaming and the screen went black. When I rebooted I got a BSOD on windows load up. The only way I could get into windows was by completely removing (driver sweeper) the Nvidia drivers. I tried both newer and older drivers, clean installs with the exact same result... BSOD while loading windows.

Now, I notice this gibberish on the boot up screen. Is this due to mb bios or video bios corruption or a video card failure?

I have an Asus Z68 Deluxe motherboard, 8GB Corsair 1866Mhz DDR3 and a Cosair AX750 PS.
4 REPLIES 4

wdiversionk
Level 7
Last week the same happened to me with my 560 (from evga).

The card died and the mainboard died.
Out of curiosity did you install the latest nvidia driver before this happened ?

Nope... I've had the 350.12 installed for some time.

Were you able to boot into Windows at all? I can but only without the Nvidia drivers installed and everything seems to work fine.

Did they die right a way?

wdiversionk wrote:
Last week the same happened to me with my 560 (from evga).

The card died and the mainboard died.
Out of curiosity did you install the latest nvidia driver before this happened ?

I should add that the stuff that shows up on the boot screen is always the same thing in the same location.

Plus, I can get into the motherboard bios which looks normal and edit and save it without issues.

I could boot into secure mode but not into normal windows.

I wiped my partition and reinstalled Windows. Everything worked till I installed the driver. mid install it crashed and went into a bootloop.

Tried the gpu on another PC and it caused a bluescreen as well.