cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To RMA or not to RMA

Bal
Level 7
I am currently suffering from a power failure issue. Began with the monitor not turning on unless I unplugged power adapter cables from both the wall and adapter, and hook it up again.

Other than this, once I do it, it performs amazingly well, no issues whatsoever.
Asus tell me I will get a replacement monitor, since I was in holidays it's forgotten so I'm thinking if I should give the monitor to them to check or not. Strange thing is although I explained them, they still insisted to check monitor. This seem merely a power adapter failure to me

So desperate and cannot decide what to do.. it's just so irritating to unplug cables everytime.
Asus GTX 980 Strix OC III Intel Core I7-4790K 4GHz III Maximus VII Formula
Corsair Vengeance Pro Rot 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 MHz III Rog Swift PG278Q

True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
1 REPLY 1

Rippin_Kittin
Level 9
Well, I think you should send it back so they get another good example of a failing ROG SWIFT - they will send back a ROG SWIFT that works, but on the other hand, it will begin to fail again after a couple of months by my own experience. This monitor is ****, in fact. Just get a replacement but I would also highly recommend you to check out a new monitor for the future while your ROG SWIFT still works. It WILL stop working completely soon, no matter what - and you should have a high quality monitor ready when the day comes.
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.1 GHz || MB: ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming || Cooling: Corsair Hydro 115i
GFX: 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB (SLI) || RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB OC @ 3300 MHz
Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum || Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG SWIFT PG279Q 165Hz || PSU: Corsair AX1600i || OS: Windows 10 Professional x64
Case: NZXT Phantom 820 FullTower - White