cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus Ranger VIII RAM OC Failure

MacDeth
Level 7
Howdy,

I purchased this Corsair CMK16GX4M4B3000C15 16gb mem kit for my Ranger VIII, it was listed on ASUS's QVL list and can't get it working at 3000Mhz.
I've tried the XMP profile and manually setting the timings and DRAM voltage but system won't POST until i restart again and get overclocking failed message.

I can get the system to post if i run default DDR4 speed.

Looks like a few other people are having issues OC'ing ram also, but i haven't found any solution's on the forum's yet.

Anyone have any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

Ceiphied
Level 7
Hi,
I don't know a definitive solution but like many people having problems with RAM OC the best I could do was lower the speed step by step and see which one was stable.
In my case (GSkill 3000Mhz) it was 2933, no problems POSTing although I should say my system did post randomly at 3000Mhz (bios 0801).

At least its better than leaving the default 2133 Mhz speed 😛

Nate152
Try raising the vccio voltage to 1.15v and the cpu system agent voltage to 1.15v. (up to 1.25v if needed)

Then try setting your ram to 3000Mhz, these settings can be found on the extreme tweaker tab in the bios.

Thanks for the responses.

I've already manually set the mem to 3000mhz, set the voltage and timings manually too, but i'll give the vccio and SA voltages a shot. \m/

Nate152