cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over heating asus g75vw gameing laptop

jasonmc
Level 7
Hi there I have a g75vw laptop that has just started to over heat, so far I have had no probs with it until now, I have upgraded the bios to the latest, to see if that helped to speed up fans but it didn't help, I use speecy to check for over heating an today it was 99 for graffics card and 85 for cpu I no that's way to hot so I have stoped playing games until I have worked something out!. I'm a keen player of bf4 and cant wait to start playing again! so if any body out ther has any advice it would be grate, thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

dunedune
Level 7
First 85C temp is fine for GPU , So no need to worry about it also CPU temp is fine .... i have same problem with overheating , My laptop temp while using desktop apps reached to 50C as average . In games reach at 78C MAX performance ...
Remember that Most Of Graphic Cards Can Handle 90C Ultra Stress ,But Between 90C to 100C will cause a damage to your GPU

cameronjohncook
Level 7
jason, it might be worth taking the bottom off the laptop and just cleaning out any mess. Laptops have a tendency to pick up a lot of dust that likes to wrap around the fan which will stop cooling significantly

thanx Cameron I have tried that, it has not helped but I do thank you for you advice an time.

Yes if cleaning doesn't help you will need to have your GPU and CPU repasted or do it yourself We mostly all use IC Diamond paste. With this happening all of a sudden it sounds like your pasting has let go.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

clockworksatan
Level 7
While taking your laptop and blowing some of the dust out of it might make a bit of a difference, you'll really need some cotton buds and some alcohol to do a good job. I used to do the blowing the dust out thing on my old laptop until I realised that some of the dust was actually caked onto the fan blades and there was a significant improvement in airflow once I'd cleaned each of the blades individually. You just need to be patient and careful with the alcohol.
Asus ROG G751JT-T7115H
17.3" IPS, Intel i7-4720HQ, 16Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX970m, 256Gb M.2 SSD + 1Tb SSHD