cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z97-WS + 5775C = Q CODE 00 or 13

-Nax-
Level 8
Hello,

i have just buy a couple of Asus Z97-WS and a 5775C. I have really strange problem. First, the mainboard have the last bios with broadwell support.

The problem is that the mainboard does not boot Q Code 00 or 13 depend on boot.

Some rare time after a clear CMOS and multiple try the mainboard finally boot, i can go in the bios and adjust setting, the bios is up to date, the RAM is correctly detected and the CPU too (no heat problem). Then i have a Windows To GO disk and i can boot on it without problems, on windows all is working correctly. But when i reboot it's over, Q Code 00 or 13 back and i have to try clear CMOS and several try to maybe boot again. On Windows i try to flash it again with 'BIOS updater for 5th Gen Intel Core Processors’ tool, it works but no change.

What can it be ? The PSU works perfectly (Corsair 1500AXi) The CPU is OK if not it will never boot as the RAM (which work perfectly on a X79 mainboard), i have no any other card ont the mainboard.

Can it be a bios bug with 5775C support ?

Thanks for your help, have a nice day.
9 REPLIES 9

Nate152
Hello -Nax-

List your complete system specifications for us please including your cpu cooler.

X79 ram in a Z-97 motherboard could be the problem.

-Nax-
Level 8
Hello, here is my complete system:

CPU: 5775C
Mainboard: Z97-WS (bios up to date 2403)
Corsair AX1500i
Kingston Technology Beast 32GB DDR3-1866MHz (but only 2x8 for my test, worked well on Asus maximus vii gene and vii impact)
Noctua NH-U14S
Screen 1: Dell UP3214Q
Screen 2: Dell 2407WFP

I use it well during one boot yesterday night after several clear CMOS and try. All worked fine, i try to stress the cpu with success, the only thing that does not work well was Iris 6200. I Try games (sega rally revo and pes 2016) but it says not enough gpu memory that is strange even with 640x480 resolution. After two reboot it was over q code 00 is back with blue CPU led.

Nate152
Thank you

If your ram is the Kingston hyperx beast it should work fine in your motherboard.

You should be able to set how much memory to be used with the Iris 6200.

In the bios, advanced tab, system agent configuration, graphics configuration or NB configuration (I think), somewhere in there you can set how much memory to be used with the iGPU.

As for the random code 00 that's a tough one especially if you've updated the bios.

Maybe a loose 8 pin cpu power connection?
Maybe your cpu cooler is a touch too tight?
Maybe a ground problem?

-Nax-
Level 8
After several tests ... the best way to make it works is to start without 8 pins CPU cable, then i stop, plug the cable and it works ...

Who can be the guilty ... the mainboard ? The CPU ? Other ?

I can't try the CPU on another mainboard to be sure ... but when the PC boot all is working perfectly ...

Nate152
It doesn't sound like it's the cpu if you can get it to boot.

I'm not 100% sure what is causing it yet but you are honing in on it with the 8 pin cpu power cable. Maybe that cable has some loose wires in it, check the cpu power cable and make sure all the wires are secured in place on both ends.

If the cpu power cable looks good try reflashing the bios.

Kotronas
Level 9
The ax1500i should have two 4+4 cables for cpu try the second one and see.

From asus for the z97-ws a info on the 2403 bios for this board and that cpu family.

"Before using the 5th Gen Intel Core processors, we suggest that you use USB BIOS Flashback or download ”BIOS updater for 5th Gen Intel Core Processors”to update the BIOS."

-Nax-
Level 8
Hello, i have send back the Z97-WS, for information i started flashing the bios to 2403 with USB Bios Flashback. After when i could boot on windows i use the Bios updater for 5th Gen Intel Core CPU but it doesn't change nothing.

I try the seconde one cable, i try with one connection with two, it has no effect ... it's a mystery ...

I could put my hand on an Maximus VII Gene, The 5775C works fine. The only problem i had is that the card was with last bios 2801 but not done via USB flashback ou Bios Update for 5th.

The resultat was that the second PCI Express Port does not work O_O !!! I try a network card 1X a USB 3.1 card 4X a Video Card 16X/8X but nothing happen. I though that the port was dead ! It was a desperate try the Bios Update for 5th cause i remenber that the last user of the board have a 4790K.

I believed that this tools was for the CPU VGA compatibility not the PCI Express lane but why not.

It was easier before, i remember my first flash on my asus P2B for Pentium III 500Mhz support ^^ ... feel old now ^^.

Nate152
Hey -Nax-

Are you saying you got a new board and still have the same problem?

-Nax-
Level 8
Hello, sorry for my english, i try one another board a Maximus VII Gene with the same 5775C, after flashing the board with BIOS updater for 5th Gen Intel Core Processors”to update the BIOS." all was working perfectly. Before flashing the CPU was working well, only the second PCI Express port didn't work.

But even without flashing the CPU works well and i can boot without problems. I can't understand what was the problem with the Z97-WS ...