cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i'm completely unsure to change to new bios, it runs to my happiness.should make it?

LordofPressure
Level 7
hello all.

i have at this time bios version 2201 on VII Hero.

no problems with hardware or other issues, it looks like that all components are working for my satisfaction. i know also that you should never touch a running system.

But i'm so unsafe, to put now the new version on.

i feel it is a risk ,after flashing, one problem to other is coming.

i don't know what to do.
4 REPLIES 4

Chino
Level 15
If your system is stable and the newer BIOS doesn't offer a functionality that you're planning to use, stick with your current BIOS. 🙂

Puffnstuff
Level 10
IF 2201 is working fine for you then you don't need to do anything. I run 2801 and it works well for me. Just make sure that you're on a battery backup before you try to flash and have the power go out in the middle of it which would most likely brick it.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

LordofPressure
Level 7
thanks to chino and puffnstuff for your reply 🙂

YES , my system works without any complaints , i have never seen any mistakes or instable facts. i control the stable state by running the 3DMark Test completely and after that , it shows me the test result. i can't find any issue.

i have heard from two friends, that they have problems with their systems with similar mobos after flashing to newer bios. i can't say witch hardware they using, but it's everytime a lottery game to make it ,downflashing is more than difficult and when you have done this and system not working well ,you will ask yourself ,why you
have done.

Puffnstuff: oh , you mean with battery backup ,that the battery just not be empty ...... true?

Puffnstuff
Level 10
I keep my systems on a battery backup, APC, so they are protected from a power loss. If you lose power while in the middle of performing a flash and you don't have a battery backup it can brick your system.

Ich halte meine Systeme auf einem Batterie-Backup, APC, so dass sie von einem Stromausfall geschützt. Wenn Sie verlieren Macht, während in der Mitte der Durchführung einer Flash und Sie nicht über eine Batterie-Backup kann es Ziegel Ihrem System.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932