cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G20AJ Windows 10 upgrade fails to install

Rgallagher
Level 7
I have a G20AJ. I have tried to install the windows 10 upgrade multiple times and it always fails on the final restart. I have updated the bios. Spend hours on the phone with Microsoft and ASUS. Did a restore to 8.1 default before upgrading. Tried to install with windows update and the media creation tool. Has anyone else experienced an issue that it will not install? Any tips or tricks.

Much appreciated!
3 REPLIES 3

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Do you see any errors during the installation, or does everything look normal until the restart (and you get a black screen?)?

Just out of curiosity, how do you have the external monitors connected to your system and have you tried connecting to the onboard vga HDMI output after you get a black screen?

Same issue before the BIOS update (i tried twice). But I haven't tried to change the HDMI to the motherboard one.

I saved it thanks to the factory image I got on USB-key. I didn't tried to update it again. Does anyone of you did it and succesfully updated?

dianebrat
Level 9
I had the BIOS already updated and the Win10 upgrade went without any issues but I was sure to update the graphics drivers first since the older Nvidia drivers were causing upgrade issues.