cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable overclock from 5 Way Optimization

walkerboh
Level 7
Recently built a computer with a ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Ranger, my first build with an ASUS motherboard. I didn't know much about the AI Suite and the 5-Way Optimization so I ran it. I saw that it would pick out overlocking settings but I didn't realize that it would also set them. Unfortunately I don't know much (anything) about overclocking and I've noticed that with the new settings some games have been stuttering a bit. I want to see if I can rule out the overclocking just in case, so I need to know how to undo the settings it changed whether in the Suite or in the BIOS. Is there any easy way to return to default settings? Thanks for any help you can provide!
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hello walkerboh

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Enter the bios and hit F5 to reset defaults then set the ai overclock tuner to XMP to set your ram at its rated specs.

Thanks a ton Nate. Simple enough that in hindsight I should have been able to figure it out.

BigJob
Level 10
walkerboh wrote:
Recently built a computer with a ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Ranger, my first build with an ASUS motherboard. I didn't know much about the AI Suite and the 5-Way Optimization so I ran it. I saw that it would pick out overlocking settings but I didn't realize that it would also set them. Unfortunately I don't know much (anything) about overclocking and I've noticed that with the new settings some games have been stuttering a bit. I want to see if I can rule out the overclocking just in case, so I need to know how to undo the settings it changed whether in the Suite or in the BIOS. Is there any easy way to return to default settings? Thanks for any help you can provide!

I agree with this POSTER 1000000%%%, there needs to be an undo changes button on the AI SUITE Software as I too have overclocked my cpu and want to now revert the changes without affecting all my other bios settings... Quite the annoyance.

HiVizMan
Level 40
YIp that would be a good feature to have for sure.

Did you get your system sorted how you like it BigJob?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.