cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog G751 JT Cooling Suggestion/Help

shahidrahman
Level 7
Hey guys,

I have recently purchased the Rog G751 Jt model and I am very satisfied with the product. There is only one thing I needed really help with and that was with its cooling from the bottom vent. I usually use my laptop on my bed or my lap. Does blocking the under vents really increase the temp of the laptop faster, or is it no problem at all? It usually does get a little warmer on my lap when I use it on my bed or any other soft surface, but it's not unbearable or anything just wanted reassurance. Also I wanted to know that if getting a cooling pad will help as it will blow air through the bottom vents and help lift up the laptop of my lap a bit? I don't really mind putting money on a cooling pad just to lift it up a bit from my lap or bed to give it some air. I know this was pretty long but please, any suggestion is appreciated!

Thank You!
9 REPLIES 9

aeolisio
Level 10
You dont need the pad most of the air intake is from the ports and keyboard but it helps. I use a notepal u3 as do most the people with the g751 at our office. It helps and even though the g751 has fantastic cooling by itself extras cooling isnt going to hurt anything and can only prolong hardware.
3d printed parts and accessories for the G751. You know you want something better than OEM ->https://www.shapeways.com/shops/aeolisio[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

aeolisio wrote:
You dont need the pad most of the air intake is from the ports and keyboard but it helps. I use a notepal u3 as do most the people with the g751 at our office. It helps and even though the g751 has fantastic cooling by itself extras cooling isnt going to hurt anything and can only prolong hardware.

Thank you for your reply! Guess I'll just use it how it is then :D. Might get one later if I need too.

Are you monitoring your actual CPU and GPU Temps???? that should be the determining factor as to whether you need to use a cooling pad. I would suggest Hwinfo 64 from the sensors of that program you can monitor your CPU GPU LOad, Temps and Fan Speeds. If your temps are going up very much at all with your notebook flat on a soft surface then you would be doing yourself a good thing to prevent this any thing that increases temp should be avoided if possible.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Are you monitoring your actual CPU and GPU Temps???? that should be the determining factor as to whether you need to use a cooling pad. I would suggest Hwinfo 64 from the sensors of that program you can monitor your CPU GPU LOad, Temps and Fan Speeds. If your temps are going up very much at all with your notebook flat on a soft surface then you would be doing yourself a good thing to prevent this any thing that increases temp should be avoided if possible.

That's actually a good idea. Thanks I'll give that tool/program a try and see if it makes any difference. I'm currently downloading MGS 5 from steam so it turns on my fan ad heats it up just a tad bit. I'll test both on soft surface and hard, with a little lift, and see what results it brings. 🙂

Yes you need to pay attention to these temps with these powerful notebooks
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Yes you need to pay attention to these temps with these powerful notebooks

So I've tested with it and so far the highest it goes up to is 44 degrees Celsius and the lowest is 42 at some points. I even had it lifted with some books and stuff so air can get beneath it, but that hasn't made much a difference. Overall its cooling is really good and if it getting warm becomes a problem then I'll think about getting a cooling pad. I haven't tried this on a high end game yet just League of Legends and on that it seems to stay around 40-45 Celsius, so its not that bad. Thank you once again for your suggestion. I've learned quite a lot from that program and will be putting it to use more in the future. 🙂

Today I got 90C playing NBA2K16.In League I get 65.Trust me buddy you're fine.(I have a JY though)

Yes it sounds like you got a good pasting on your CPU and GPU, some people not so much. but yes Hwinfo64 has lots of information. you can also run a logging file while you game to see what's really going on while your playing. Sounds like the G751 are the same as the G75 air supply does not come from the bottom of the notebook.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

To whom ever gave me rep points for this post thank you. As to your question why do help in this G751 forum. Since my G75VW is getting older I thought I might buy in on the G751. So I started hanging out here learning all I could. Most of the questions I help with are general knowledge, windows 8 or 10 issues. Also this series of notebooks are all pretty much the same better CPU and GPUs but mostly the same. The USB 3.0 Left ports issue has been pretty consistent since the G75 were introduced. We all complained with the G75 that we were blocked from the built in HD Graphics on the CPU. So with the G750 the opened it up. Yep all sorts of issues with Optimus of the G751 have it blocked again on most models. So Now were presented with the G752 Maybe I jump on this one although this G75 still works great for me. I don't game much at all. I really use my notebooks for Desk Top Replacement. I consult for Sub Sea Projects mostly in the Gulf Of Mexico but world wide at times. So I move from job to job and set up for a day or days week or weeks or some times months at a time a Vessel at sea. So I do all my work and entertainment. I like the power and need the reliability. And Gaming notebooks give me all of that. I like to help out if someone has an issue I can help with I will if I have the time or information I can link them to, to first solve there problem and second to learn about there notebook so that they can keep things going smooth.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro