cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! Fx-8350 clock speed stuck at 1405 mhz(no throttle)

D_V_D
Level 7
My cpu is stuck at 1405Mhz and i CAN'T seem to find what is the cause of this...I did everything imaginable in helping the cpu out...i cleared the CMOS twice, flashback the bios to a previous version(from 2201 to 2101), I set everything in bios to default except for the fans as they are loud at full speed therefore i have no EPU or Cool'nQuiet or any of the sort that will reduce the speed of the cpu like that...

Did anyone experienced something like that?
Is there a way out of this?

BTW...A day before...the system wouldn't boot up...i only got stuck at 63 q-code and the vga_led was always lit on the motherboard...nothing on the display...not even the speaker wouldn't "say" something...so i took almost everything apart...the only thing i didn't take apart from the system is the cpu itself...after putting all back again...the system boot up again only to find out that my cpu is stuck...

I hope someone can shed some light on the matter...Thank you...
MB = Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z info
CPU = AMD Fx-8350 Bios 2101info
RAM = Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB (2x8Gb) 2133 KHX21C11T3K2/16X info
GPU = Asus GTX 980 Matrix Platinum info
SSD = Kingston HyperX 3K 240Gb
HDD = WD 500Gb +WD 3x1TB(fzex)
PSU = Corsair AX760i info
CPU Cooler = Thermaltake Nic C4
Display = Sony KDL-32w706b info
Mouse = A4Tech Bloody Gun3 V7
Keyboard = SteelSeries APEX info
2 REPLIES 2

D_V_D
Level 7
PROBLEM SOLVED:
I read an article and in that, there was this guy that was so pissed with Asus motherboards and that there was no specifics on what exactly the LN2 jumper would do...so he figured it out...and posted in that article...comments would mock him...but he was right on the spot...
IF you're stuck like me on clock speed at 1405mhz...set the LN2 jumper to "default" (i don't even remember why did i change that from default) and the switch to "off"...

In the manual this is what it says about LN2: "When enabled, the LN2 mode jumper allows your system to eliminate the cold bugs in the processor during POST. It allows the processor to run at an extremely low temperature and helps the system to boot fast"...

I did change the CPU cooler a few days before bumping in that issue and have a better temperature than before but i never imagined that that would be a cold bug...

I want to thank ASUS and ROG...the board seems unbreakable for the many problems i had lately and the q-code display was a wise move to place it...couldn't have done it without it informing me about the issue...is like this motherboard speaks to you...love this motherboard...Thank you...
MB = Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z info
CPU = AMD Fx-8350 Bios 2101info
RAM = Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB (2x8Gb) 2133 KHX21C11T3K2/16X info
GPU = Asus GTX 980 Matrix Platinum info
SSD = Kingston HyperX 3K 240Gb
HDD = WD 500Gb +WD 3x1TB(fzex)
PSU = Corsair AX760i info
CPU Cooler = Thermaltake Nic C4
Display = Sony KDL-32w706b info
Mouse = A4Tech Bloody Gun3 V7
Keyboard = SteelSeries APEX info

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi D.V.D 😄

If your temperatures are normal and the CPU is not throttling, then this may be due to your Windows power Plan settings.
A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how your computer uses power. Power plans can help you save energy, maximize system performance, or achieve a balance between the two.
This function is essentially a power saving feature and can be changed to suit your needs.

Go to: Control Panel and open: Power Options, here you can make the necessary changes to suit.
Use CPUz and check the CPU core speed from the CPU Tab, If you then open an application that is CPU intensive. (ROG Realbench stress tester for example), and if you have selected a high performance plan in Power Options. You will see your Core Speed increase to what you have set in your Bios assuming of course that APM (Advanced Power Management) and ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) in Bios are configured correctly.

Hope this helps and please report back.

Edit: AH, I see you switched on LN2 which is only used for extreme overclocking using Liquid Nitrogen. We all learn from our mistakes. Glad you got it sorted :rolleyes:
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]