cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard Choice

shekark
Level 7
I would like to purchase the best ROG Gaming Motherboard, can anyone suggest me the best, budget is not a constrain.

I am looking for a Intel Chipset board only also suggest me the best Monitor for the same.
5 REPLIES 5

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I'd recommend the Maximus Viii Extreme if price is not an issue. This will be a board for both gaming and for overclocking for gaming performance. Maximus Viii hero if you don't want to do too much overclocking...just bump CPU performance.

This for up to SLI GPUs. If you wanted to run multiple GPUs then maybe X99 but gaming sweet spot is SLI not tri or quad.

Hard to beat a G-Sync monitor like the ROG swift

Good range mentioned here http://www.144hzmonitors.com/gaming-monitors-buyers-guide-october-2015/

4K perfectly doable now with a couple of high end cards like 980Tis

🙂

Chino
Level 15
The Maximus VIII Extreme hands down. The best ROG gaming motherboard in terms of overclocking capability and gaming features. 🙂

Chino wrote:
The Maximus VIII Extreme hands down. The best ROG gaming motherboard in terms of overclocking capability and gaming features. 🙂

Chino - How would you compare your RVE to this (M8E) board?
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

red454 wrote:
Chino - How would you compare your RVE to this (M8E) board?

Both are awesome motherboards but a year separates them. So the Maximus VIII Extreme comes with a lot of updated features like SupremeFX 2015, U.2 connector, USB 3.1 ports, OC Panel II, etc... But I think what users would love the most is that ROG motherboards for this generation are finally getting the 5 Way Optimization that used to only be on the Deluxe motherboards. In terms of stability, performance and overclocking experience, both the R5E and M8E are on par. 🙂

ram8704
Level 7
I would go with the Maximus 8 Extreme as well. If you are not getting it right away you can look at the Assembly edition that more professional audio components and a 10gb Ethernet card. They also just announced an version of the Hero with Wi-Fi. The Hero Alpha.