ROG Member Array

Unhappy Never have experienced anything above 30FPS with G750JS - solved

I have a G750JS the one with GTX 870M - I have tried everything but no matter what I do my frames per second doesnt go over 30.

I treid reducing all the settings and go on the low and was able to get it to 40 momenteraly but went back to 20-30. The game I try this on to is Dota 2 Reborn, nothing that complex but still the FPS is always below 30, around 20 or so.

I use the Nvidea Experience and change the settings over there, keep going lower and lower, but the FPS doesnt seem to change that much. am I doing something wrong? is there a setting or update I have overlooked?

ROG Member Array

What power setting you're using? Is you laptop running on battery or cord?

Try running on best performance setting and with ac power

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Maxter's Avatar

sounds like your computer is not using the dedicated GPU. Jali24 asked the more relevant questions.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jali24 View Post
    What power setting you're using? Is you laptop running on battery or cord?

Try running on best performance setting and with ac power
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxter View Post
    sounds like your computer is not using the dedicated GPU. Jali24 asked the more relevant questions.

wow. just wow. for one year I have been suffering mediocer gaming for just one bad option i had chosen. i cant believe this. everythig is so much better. im getting 90! this is jus amazing. thank you. you have brought great joy to my life. I never thought this would be the issue. wow, just . . . wow. but damn. . . . over one year I have experienced horrible FPS . . . didnt even knew why

thanks again. you guys are great.

ROG Member Array

It was pleasure to help you

Did the best performance settings help?

ROG Member Array

It was pleasure to help you

Did the best performance settings help?
    yeah. im in the 90s now. I didnt even knew that i could have 90s! I always assumed that my monitor was 60 limit. the default display device on G750. so i think im esentially getting 60 right? but i see a higher number? or dose the refresh rate of the asus default monitors is 120?

ROG Member Array

Okay I am really confused now. Can you tell me what you did to achieve more than 30 fps. And for the displays refresh rate by default it is 60hz . You can boost it to 70 or over 100hz depending on your display type.

Check this link too see which one you have: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...s-AU-OPTRONICS

ROG Member Array

Okay I am really confused now. Can you tell me what you did to achieve more than 30 fps. And for the displays refresh rate by default it is 60hz . You can boost it to 70 or over 100hz depending on your display type.

Check this link too see which one you have: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...s-AU-OPTRONICS
    it says AUO219 so i guess its AU? I just did what you told me. change from powersave to performance. boosted from 20 fps to 90 - 120

ROG Member Array

Good to hear. You can overlock the monitor to 70hz using asus gpu tweak and enjoy better frames when using vsync