cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never have experienced anything above 30FPS with G750JS - solved

Morava
Level 7
I have a G750JS the one with GTX 870M - I have tried everything but no matter what I do my frames per second doesnt go over 30.

I treid reducing all the settings and go on the low and was able to get it to 40 momenteraly but went back to 20-30. The game I try this on to is Dota 2 Reborn, nothing that complex but still the FPS is always below 30, around 20 or so.

I use the Nvidea Experience and change the settings over there, keep going lower and lower, but the FPS doesnt seem to change that much. am I doing something wrong? is there a setting or update I have overlooked?
8 REPLIES 8

Jali24
Level 7
What power setting you're using? Is you laptop running on battery or cord?

Try running on best performance setting and with ac power

Maxter
Level 9
sounds like your computer is not using the dedicated GPU. Jali24 asked the more relevant questions.

Jali24 wrote:
What power setting you're using? Is you laptop running on battery or cord?

Try running on best performance setting and with ac power

Maxter wrote:
sounds like your computer is not using the dedicated GPU. Jali24 asked the more relevant questions.

wow. just wow. for one year I have been suffering mediocer gaming for just one bad option i had chosen. i cant believe this. everythig is so much better. im getting 90! this is jus amazing. thank you. you have brought great joy to my life. I never thought this would be the issue. wow, just . . . wow. but damn. . . . over one year I have experienced horrible FPS . . . didnt even knew why 😞

thanks again. you guys are great.

Jali24
Level 7
It was pleasure to help you 🙂

Did the best performance settings help?

Jali24 wrote:
It was pleasure to help you 🙂

Did the best performance settings help?

yeah. im in the 90s now. I didnt even knew that i could have 90s! I always assumed that my monitor was 60 limit. the default display device on G750. so i think im esentially getting 60 right? but i see a higher number? or dose the refresh rate of the asus default monitors is 120?

Jali24
Level 7
Okay I am really confused now. Can you tell me what you did to achieve more than 30 fps. And for the displays refresh rate by default it is 60hz . You can boost it to 70 or over 100hz depending on your display type.

Check this link too see which one you have: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?44877-ASUS-G750-Chi-Mei-vs-AU-OPTRONICS

Jali24 wrote:
Okay I am really confused now. Can you tell me what you did to achieve more than 30 fps. And for the displays refresh rate by default it is 60hz . You can boost it to 70 or over 100hz depending on your display type.

Check this link too see which one you have: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?44877-ASUS-G750-Chi-Mei-vs-AU-OPTRONICS

it says AUO219 so i guess its AU? I just did what you told me. change from powersave to performance. boosted from 20 fps to 90 - 120

Jali24
Level 7
Good to hear. You can overlock the monitor to 70hz using asus gpu tweak and enjoy better frames when using vsync 🙂