cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 10 Drivers and BIOS update R4BE help

GabrielKnight
Level 7
I have installed windows 10 pro as an update and everything is working good so I am going to do a clean install of win 10 but should I use the driver pack from :

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?72562-Windows-10-WHQL-RIVBE-driver-pack

or use the drivers from the asus website :

https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_IV_BLACK_EDITION/HelpDesk_Download/

or since im using a clean install of win 10 should I use the drivers from the motherboard CD that it came with? would these work/be compatible for win 10? my concern is the chipset driver/software which is the best to use?

I would like to update the BIOS to 0701 but I need to know when I do the update will it keep all my memory timings and settings as I had the shop I bought it from make all the settings, I have 64 GB Ram with settings not using the XMP option.

How good and stable is the Beta BIOS 0801 is it safe and good to use this instead of 0701?

System Specs:

Asus Rampage 4 Black Edition
64 GB 1866 Corsair Ram
SSD Samsung 840 Pro 500GB
Nvidia GTX Titan 6 GB OC edition
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any help you give.
4 REPLIES 4

zoomee
Level 7
I've just bought a Black Edition motherboard to replace my Formula so will be doing the same shortly.

I believe the drivers in this forum are newer and hence better than the official asus support site. - Ideally you want to use them.

BIOS wise I'm not sure myself as my new board is due tomorrow - I believe 0801 is a beta so not sure as to whether its as good as better or worse than the 0701.......
1700X B350/RX570 STRIX

I just downloaded the driver pack and for the chipset in the pack it is driver version 10.1.2.10 but the driver chipset from the asus website is version 11.0.0.1155, so heads up zoomee I will try the one from asus first and I will post back if there are any problems.

I have just finished installing windows 10 pro, I tried to install the chipset driver first from the asus website but it said the current version that windows 10 installed was newer than the one from the asus website so I tried the one from the driver pack and this worked beautifully and made all the problems ie not installed drivers is device manager all fixed there was quite a lot, I have not installed any other drivers from the pack as I am not using a Raid setup and I used the audio driver from the asus website as this one looks just like the one that came with my motherboard cd, maybe the driver pack one is the same I didnt risk trying it. When I installed win 10 it automatically tries to install updates even though the chipset drivers are not updated (making device manager with many exclamation points) so install the chipset drivers from the driver pack, reboot, and continue the win updates. I have a wireless keyboard and needed to plug in a wired keyboard to get into my BIOS but the weird thing that happened just when win 10 was installed and doing updates I could not open a window like file explorer or control panel without microsoft edge opening trying to tell me about windows 10 help and support, it was not possible to close the page as it kept opening the same page in a new tab when ever I closed it or clicked on the file explorer..... I thought I had a weird virus or a microsoft pop up, I unplugged the wired keyboard and it stopped happening so was it my keyboard or something else - If you have the same problem reply to this post please.

zoomee
Level 7
Whacked in my RIVBE as a replacement for my trusty formula board - can't believe the BIOS for this newer board is older than the one for the formula board!! - come on asus, don't just leave us with a beta!

Other than having to reactivate windows 10 it all worked fine I'm glad to report. Still got one unknown item in device manager but I think thats ROG related as someone pointed out in another thread.

Would really like to see Asus update the bios on this board to an official release - still on 0701 at the moment!. Thankfully it all seems to work ok (for now!) using my simple overclock from 4Ghz to 4.5 (DDR2400) with only 1.28v. Wierd that it goes so high as using the same settings on the formula only gave me 1.24v (which was enough to power my cpu 100% stable at 4.5) - unfortunately I'm getting too old for this overclocking marlarky and cba messing with settings to get it back down.
1700X B350/RX570 STRIX