cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gene VIII + Windows 10 64bit + AI suite III = USB not working and cannot shutdown?

Mugencow
Level 7
Hi , is there any one having problem as I did, my computer could not shutdown properly and all USB ports will not working if I have installed AI Suite III

But if I uninstall the AI suite III, everything will work fine, I could able to shutdown and reboot computer properly, all USB could function well.

Once I have reinstalled AI suite III, same things happened again, unable to shutdown and USB not function, except if I open AI Suite and change the Energy profile, once I have changed it, everything will back to normal.
Funny is, those symptoms will be occurred again later.

And I noticed that every time I changed the energy profile in AI Suite, there will be an error of ACPI in Windows Event log.

I reported this problem to Asus, but seems they don't want to follow up it.

Could anyone help me?
60 REPLIES 60

jrodrigues
Level 7
I have also experienced the same issue and reported it to ASUS but it seems they don't really care about their ROG motherboard customers.

I'm lead to believe there is a possible Win 10 driver issue or the AI suite III is not completely tested on Win 10.

Going to install Windows 7 or 8.1 and test my first theory.

Thanks for your reply, I thought it is only me having this problem.

So, it seems AI Suite III is not compatible with Windows 10, even it is having problem of ACPI under windows 10, they still push it out to meet the new motherboard release schedule.

Mugencow
Level 7
I received reply from ASUS today, they told me to bring my GENE VIII to the local dealer for testing,
so ridiculous, it is obviously a software issue, how come they think it is a hardware problem?

DarkStone
Level 7
I can attest to Ai Suite 3 causing Windows 10 issues. I usually just run 3.1 USB Boost and AI Charge with no issues in any types of games, video conversion, and benchmarks. However once I installed the Dual Intelligent Processor module I had two blue screens and constant crashes in game. So I completely blew away my AI Suite 3 install. Both through Revo along with the Ai Suite 3 removal tool. I am back on just 3.1 Boost and AI Charge with zero issues.

I would say stay way from the Dual Intelligent Processors module, installing just the two I did I still got the monitoring tool which is really all I cared about.

Mugencow
Level 7
I updated my BIOS to V1102 and AI Suite to Beta V1.01.28 today, found that it still didn't fix the shutdown and USB port issue.
Asus seems don't admit their AI Suite is having problem with Windows 10, I am very disappointed with Asus.

I'm having the exact same problem with my hero board.

My win7 asus M8H randomly took a lot of time (>10minutes) to shutdown and WinDbg minidumps said "iusb3hub.sys" crashed.
I google that and it turns out a lot o people solved it by turning off USB power management.
This worked for me.

I also have asus aisuite installed.

Mugencow
Level 7
Hi Mr Wolf, Thanks for your reply, I already turned off the USB power management, but it didn't help my USB port issue.
My USB ports are not working most of the time, all USB devices are not able to be detected by Windows, unless I change the AI Suite Power Profile from current one to others,
after changed the power profile, USB ports will be back to normal, it is very annoying. If I uninstall AI Suite III, I won't have this kind of problem at all.

Mugencow wrote:
Hi Mr Wolf, Thanks for your reply, I already turned off the USB power management, but it didn't help my USB port issue.
My USB ports are not working most of the time, all USB devices are not able to be detected by Windows, unless I change the AI Suite Power Profile from current one to others,
after changed the power profile, USB ports will be back to normal, it is very annoying. If I uninstall AI Suite III, I won't have this kind of problem at all.

I have issues with my Rampage V extreme, but I did the following to fix the problem.

Please follow steps below:
1) Uninstall the AI Suite III and reboot.
2) Afterwards, set comparability to Windows XP (SP1) for AI suite III installer .
3) install AI Suite III as an administrator (RUN as Administrator)*
*Note: make sure you install USB drivers 3.0 and also Intel USB drivers already
Sincerely,
Legolas