cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3+ months trouble with Asus PG278Q 27" and still counting...

Jordy
Level 7
Hey Guys,

I bought a PG278Q 27" over a year ago now and after 9 months or so i started to have issues.
It started with the power not getting back on, but i think i have had all issues by now.

First my monitor went fully off after 30 minutes on standby, and i had to re-plug the power cord to get it fixed.
I removed the "power extension box" to make sure that was not the problem, and also tried different power sockets but that did not help.
I also bought a new C5 cord but that did not fix the issue either.

Not knowing what the issue was i contacted the shop where i bought the monitor from and they told me create and RMA.
About 4 weeks later i received the first trade. (They only brought a monitor btw). I tested the monitor and it had the same problems.

When the power went off for about 30 minutes, it would not get back on.
Apart from that the new monitor also has dead pixels (which my old monitor did not)

So the same day i called Asus support desk that i am having the same issue and they told me that i needed to create a new RMA.
So i created a new RMA and explicit told them that they need to bring a new adapter because the problem is probably in there.

After a week or so the "new" monitor gave more issues. First it started flickering and day or so later the text got blurry and bold.
I could no longer see the difference between - and =.
And to make it even worse about 2 weeks after receiving of the monitor, the screen went full white and got black stains.
So no more gaming for me....

After 3 weeks of creating the second RMA i called the Asus support desk again because it took so long.
I asked them if they are sure that they bring an adapter and how long it would take and they assured me that i will get a message from UPC by the end of the week.
And that UPC will make the trade on friday-monday or so.
So i said well oke, but please change my address then because i will be in the office those days.
Also i told them again; be sure they bring an adapter. Yea they will bring an adapter they respond.

So a few days later i indeed got a message from UPC that they will have a trade for me on my house.
I thought if their support failed to change the address they might even forgot to add an adapter.
So based on the message of UPC i called Asus support desk again and they told me that they where too late for the address change but that UPC will have the adapter.

So today UPC was at the address changing the monitor and gues what guys? No adapter.
So i called Asus service desk again and they just respond: make a new RMA...
So i am still sitting here waiting for a monitor and adapter that works.

My first mail to the shop was on 26 june, got 2 RMA's behind me.
Weeks of not being able to use my computer at all. And that for a price of 750 euro for a monitor.

So that you Asus but i am totally done with you guys.
I have had enough patience and i really want my money back.

TL;DR

- Over 3 months of defect with Asus PG278Q 27"
- Can not work at home because of broken Asus PG278Q 27"
- 2 RMA's
- Had to take days of to trade the monitor
- Still stuck with a broken Asus PG278Q 27"
- Their support suggest to make a third RMA
- I want my money back

Does anyone knows how i can get my money back?
1 REPLY 1

Bal
Level 7
Hey

I'm in the middle of same ****, can you update what's going on
Asus GTX 980 Strix OC III Intel Core I7-4790K 4GHz III Maximus VII Formula
Corsair Vengeance Pro Rot 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 MHz III Rog Swift PG278Q

True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing