cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia GeForce 960M pixelating; hardware problem or driver?

Packermanfan
Level 7
First time to the forums, hoping someone has some insight for me. I just got my ASUS ROG GL551JW-DS71 about a month ago and the graphics card that came with it has been causing some problems. The picture attached shows one of the worse times just trying to play a simple game such as Hearthstone. Usually it will only be a flash of purple pixels on the screen every couple seconds, but stuff like this will happen and crash the whole game. I've done a clean reinstall of the driver using DDU, which didn't seem to help at all, and all my games are enabled to use in the Nvidia high performance processor under the 3D settings in the Nvidia control panel.

Oddly enough, I've been able to play FPS's and Civilization without it crashing (for the most part), however, Hearthstone in particular has been a bitch when it comes to getting it to run without problems. Also, it seem that when my fan is pushing hot air I can run my games to run more smoothly and without a problem from my card, which has led me to believe it Is a hardware problem.

If anyone have any idea or any advice as to what's causing this problem I'd be happy to hear it!
3 REPLIES 3

Mordov
Level 7
Exactly the problem !!!

GL551JW - GTX960M - 2mb - DDR5

kkn
Level 14
post in notebook section where you guys will get bether help.

Hi, did you have by any chance your problem solved ?