cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to remove battery on long time usage in G551JW?!

afshin2740
Level 7
Hi there.
I have bought G551JW recently and I really care about its battery life. My question is that:
Do I have to remove the battery when I use the laptop for a long time and just use the power source to supply the laptop?! Does it hurt the battery if I use it besides the power adapter plugged in? Or, the system will switch its usage from battery to the power adapter when the battery fully charged ?
Any helps and information is appreciated in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

toronto699
Level 13
no need remove the battery , the battery will be safe , battery stops charging when fully charged ,

Thank you for your reply. Is there an official proof for this saying?! How do you believe in that?

Rares95
Level 8
Jesus Christ how many times will people ask this question? Do the googling yourself. Batteries stop charging at 100% it even says so if you put your mouse over the battery symbol. The laptops draw the power directly from the brick, and the battery is just there just in case voltage fluctuations occur, in that case they will help to regulate it.

Black_Phoenix
Level 8
Plus the battery automatically discharge to 95% and then charge again to 100%, that's a maintenance mode to keep the cells working.

Although you should at least once a month do a full discharge to 15%/10% and then charge it all up to 100%. That will keep the battery in top life.

Plus when you use the notebook on battery for small amounts, let's say 20% each time, you don't need to use it until you reach the full discharge.

Lithium ion batteries doesn't have memory effect as the old Ni-Ca, and small charges doesn't count as a full cycle.

For example:

10% to 100% - A Charging Cycle;

80% to 100% first time, then 60% to 100% second one and 60% to 100% the last time counts as a Charging Cycle (20%+40%+40%=100%)

Hope it helped.

AsSaSsInJ0HN
Level 7
yes i agree with black pheonix. u dont have to remove batterryy .LOL.
plug in and own the noobs #RogSTYLE .