New ROGer Array

980 TI 3DMark 11 Artifacts

I just received my shiny new 980 TI STRIX (OC) and have been having a spot of trouble.

Most tests that I put it through are fine, but I'm hesitant to overclock the card because I've been having pretty glaring artifacts at the default settings during one of the 3DMark 11 tests. Specifically, I get bands of vertical lines striping across the screen during the second benchmarking test in the free basic edition of 3DMark. I tried the OC, Gaming, and Silent modes while running GPU Tweak II. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the most recent graphics drivers as well. I tried plugging in a 970 into the computer and it runs the tests without a hitch, but obviously I'd like to use the beefy 980 TI that I just purchased.
    So far this is the only issue I've seen, but it's a letdown to not be able to see how far I can overclock this card when it feels like I'm walking on eggshells out of the box. I also don't want to brush it off if this is indicative of bigger hardware problems down the line (better get this taken care of while it's new).
    So far there doesn't seem to be a moment when the artifacts are consistent, but they always appear at the latest by about the 1000 frame mark in that second scene. They will flicker on and of a few times throughout the test. The remaining tests run just fine. Switching between the default modes in GPU Tweak II doesn't seem to have an impact (even on the 'underclocked' setting).\
    So, if I can get friendly advice on whether or not there is something I can do, or even look into an RMA, that'd be swell. Thanks!

Other general specs
    i7 4790K
    16 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3 (XMP Enabled)
    Asus Maximus VII Hero
    Asus 980 TI Strix
    Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
    850 watt EVGA 80 Plus (Gold) Power Supply

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Hello PieSnatcher

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Normally when you see artifacting it's due to overclocking the Vram too far. Since it does it with underclocked settings, you might want to see what asus support suggests, they might want you to rma it.

New ROGer Array

Thanks Nate152, they had me contact newegg for a replacement. Hope it's smooth sailing from here!