cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 and sleep mode after every 3 min.

poeta2000
Level 7
Hey!
So after updating to Win10 i have a problem with sleep mode.
My G750JX keeps turning into sleep mode after 3 minutes. It doesn't matter if power management plan is set up to NEVER,
because Windows is not using this plan at all. I tryed to install Power4Gear and change power plan there, but without any luck.
On my Samsung the same system is working perfectly fine. So I have no idea what might be the issue but i assume that there is some problems with ASUS drivers or something...
Anyone had this problem?
9 REPLIES 9

MaxCioco
Level 7
Did you try to change the actual time that the pc needs to wait until going to sleep?

Does it happen even if your laptop is plugged in?
3 minutes of usage or just sitting around?

MaxCioco wrote:
Did you try to change the actual time that the pc needs to wait until going to sleep?

Does it happen even if your laptop is plugged in?
3 minutes of usage or just sitting around?

I changed time in all those places to NEVER go to sleep mode.
It happen when laptop is plugged in. I just checked and it's not an issue when laptop is on battery mode.
3 minutes with no action cause sleep.

MaxCioco
Level 7
Try removing the battery and give it a shot that way. It could be from a faulty battery that gives incorrect values of it's actual charge percentage. - not the most possible, but it's worth giving it a try.

Dcite
Level 7
By chance, are you trying to stop windows update from happening?

I tried disabling the Windows Update service in windows 10, the issue of it falling asleep in 2 to 3 minutes happened right after a reboot. And kept doing it till the service was reenabled and system once more restarted.

MaxCioco wrote:
Try removing the battery and give it a shot that way. It could be from a faulty battery that gives incorrect values of it's actual charge percentage. - not the most possible, but it's worth giving it a try.

That didn't helped...

Dcite wrote:
By chance, are you trying to stop windows update from happening?

I tried disabling the Windows Update service in windows 10, the issue of it falling asleep in 2 to 3 minutes happened right after a reboot. And kept doing it till the service was reenabled and system once more restarted.

No, autouptade all the time since the begining. Always up to date 😕

poeta2000 wrote:
That didn't helped...

No, autouptade all the time since the begining. Always up to date 😕

i know what your talking about. i noticed it too. i restarted my computer after an update and it stopped. might be a intermittent problem? idk.

BTW, on windows 10 there are 2 areas for these options. One is the typical power configuration which we all know about, and the other one is in their "settings" option from the start menu. Check both.

If the sleep mode functions properly after these steps, you will have to use hit and trial method to determine as to which startup program was causing sleep mode issues.

In case none of the solutions given here work, you will have no other option but to Restore the System’s default settings.

If restoration does not leave an impact, it is ultimately the battery of the laptop which is at fault. So you can remove it and re-insert after some while.

Maxter
Level 9
Are you sure it's on sleep mode and not crashing? Windows 10 + nVidia = TDR still... they haven't solved this issue yet (at least for the systems that only have a dedicated GPU)
First step, uninstall P4G, restart, change all the power values to your choice, make sure that you select the correct power option, restart, test.