cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Gene sound problem in windows 10

Justinfo
Level 7
Hi , so I have a strange problem my sound sometimes becomes crackly .

The best way to explain it is if you have ever had wireless head phones and there is interference it sounds like that. Its crackling sound when any audio plays.

This sometimes happens to be if my head set is not connected to my pc when I boot the pc.

It happens most of the time if my head sets is connected to the pc and working fine and I then unplug it for a while then plug it back in.

It sometimes will work fine for a long time like 4 hours and then I stop listen to audio , then start a game or a movie or music and I have the problem.

To fix it the only thing I can do is to reboot the pc.

I hope some one can help cuase this has been an ongoing issue for me from the first day of using my pc , it really irritates me. Its got to the point where I dont even wnat to sue my pc cause of this problem and my Neighbours(who is also buying a new rig in a weeks time ) says he does not want a Maximus VIII board after my troubles.

I really hope some one can help !!

• I have tried uninstalling the realteck drives , but I still have the issue.
  • I have tried installing the realtech drives from the Realtech site and not the asus mb cd or web page version
  • I have uninstalled all audio apps , like the software for my wireless head set and assus audio software.
  • I have tried just running with Microsoft default drives .

Node of these things worked.

I have tested the following headphones

• 2 Diffrent wired head phones connected to the front(case audio port) and then back audio ports (audi ports on the MB)
  • 1 Wireless headphones , I tested this on multiple usb ports from and back USB3.0 and 3.1 as well as connected to a powered USB 3 hub

System Specs

Bios version : 0902
OS : Windows 10 (64 bit) Clean install this was a brand new pc and brand new hdd
MB : Asus ROG series Z170 Maximus 8 VIII Gene
CPU : Intel Core I5 6600k - 3.50Ghz 6MB Cache SKT 1151
Ram : 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (CMK16GX4M4A2133C13)
GPU : Asus MATRIX GTX980
HDD : Samsung MZ-7KE256BW 256Gb 850
PSU : CORSAIR RM650 SERIES
5 REPLIES 5

Dangineer
Level 7
Hey Justinfo!

It surely won't help you but I have the exact same problem except I am using a Maximux VIII Hero. 😮

When I boot with no audio device connected and then either activate headset or speakers, there also is that "crackly" sound when listening to music or even in Teamspeak.

Rebooting also works for me so reboot the PC with audio devices switched on.
As the problem is the same, I am sure it's a mainboard problem.

I am using a Logitech G930 USB Headset and a Philips FM-M576 Radio which is also connected via USB.

Hope there is any help for us...or did you solve the problem in the meantime?

Dangineer wrote:
Hey Justinfo!

It surely won't help you but I have the exact same problem except I am using a Maximux VIII Hero. 😮

When I boot with no audio device connected and then either activate headset or speakers, there also is that "crackly" sound when listening to music or even in Teamspeak.

Rebooting also works for me so reboot the PC with audio devices switched on.
As the problem is the same, I am sure it's a mainboard problem.

I am using a Logitech G930 USB Headset and a Philips FM-M576 Radio which is also connected via USB.

Hope there is any help for us...or did you solve the problem in the meantime?

I have not solved the problem 😞

I was going to play a game to day booted my pc with the head set off and loaded MGS5 and started playing and then realized there was not sound , plunged the head set in and had the problem , was so frustrated just shut the computer down .

I have an amazing ROG pc that I don't even want to play on cause of this how depressing is that . I canceled my second Asus matrix 980 today now cause of it . Why buy some thing I am not going to use .

Hi guys,
Did you even try to uninstall AI Suite III to see it still having problem or not.

My experience is AI Suite III affected the power that supplying to USB Ports. I need to reboot or change the energy profile to make the USB port work again.

JET_1983
Level 7
same issue
but solved for me on v III HERO MOBO with updating bios to latest version 1202
Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Skylake
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero
Avexir Blitz Series 16GB 4X4GB 3000Mhz CL15 DDR4
GIGABYTE GTX980 G1 Gaming OC
Corsair 2x 128GB Gs series ssD, ADATA 1x SX900 256G, Samsung Evo 850 500G, Seagate Baracuda 1TB, WD Blue 1TB
ASUS MX279H - Full HD AH-IPS LED
Razer Kraken
Razer DEATHSTALKER EXPERT Gaming
Razer DEATHADDER 4G 6400dpi
Razer Guantler Control Edition
Antec 900w High Current Gaming
Corsair Graphite 780T Black - Corsair H100i
http://valid.x86.fr/yb0b85

I have the same problem. I have tried reinstalling windows 10, tried every driver known to work with this motherboard, still the same issue. Microsoft is no help at all , and Asus told me to wipe my drive and reinstall windows and that did nothing but give me hours of installing software.