cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG279 Stuck at 120hz

Wizzo91
Level 7
Hey everybody,

I just received my new monitor (PG279). Great so far. Not dead pixels, no dirt under panel and no BLB.

I have a problem regarding the refresh rate: I can't set it above 120hz at the moment. I updated all drivers that came on the disc and looked for newer ones online.

At the moment I'm using a 770. Before you ask, yes I am using the correct cables.

Thanks for your support.
4 REPLIES 4

wildapiospi
Level 7
Hey,

"165Hz G-SYNC mode is ONLY supported on GTX 960 and above, GTX 700 series only support upto 120Hz!!".

wildapiospi wrote:
Hey,

"165Hz G-SYNC mode is ONLY supported on GTX 960 and above, GTX 700 series only support upto 120Hz!!".

This is NOT accurate, i was playing Starwars Battlefront with my 780ti on the PG279Q only 2 days ago and running well over 120Hz, in fact at some points during my game the display was reporting at 165Hz! and i weren't just using the FPS counter on the display i also haveMSI afterburner/ATi tool outputting the refresh rate. Both confirmed this.

Then i decided to install DisplayFusion to sort out my multiple monitor configs, and ever since doing so, i have locked my OS (Win7) to 120Hz. Its added some value into the registry which i cannot reverse and i was hoping anyone might know how?

Thanks

I have 2x780's. One Asus and one MSI.

I have found that if I set the MONITOR OC to 144hz I can select 144hz in the Nvidia control panel.

But if I select 165hz in the monitor settings, I can only select 120hz in the Nvidia control panel.

I have read that this is possible because I have an Asus GC.

Still seems a bit of an odd quirk.

Have also read that G-Sync should only work for me if I select 120hz, however I am struggling to tell if its on or now.

Is there anyway to tell if G-Sync is working when I select 144hz ?

izzyreb02
Level 9
Thanks Wildapiospi to point that out to people, that didnt know about it. Even though I'm planning to get this monitor, i still have to upgrade my GPU to a GTX 900 Series card if I want to take above 120hz.

But for now I guess you could say I prolly wouldnt even go beyond 120 frames on a single GTX 780 aneway